Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Please Clarify-Record of Landing No.(Missed to mention on my application for Sponsor)

Please Clarify-Record of Landing No.(Missed to mention on my application for Sponsor)

Old Aug 25th 2004, 1:01 am
Just Joined

Spouse444 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please Clarify-Record of Landing No.(Missed to mention on my application for Sponsor)

Dear Mr. Miller and other Experts,

I am a Canadian citizen living with my Husband abroad. We have no children. I recently sent my Spousal Sponsorship Application and my husband's PR application to Mississauga.

On the "Application to Sponsor & Undertaking" form, I did not understand what Question 11 means ".. Confirmation of Permanent Residence Number..". so I filled that box with my CITIZENSHIP CERTIFICATE NUMBER (and indicated that it is my Citizenship Number).

Question:

1.Will that make my application incomplete?

2. Will Mississauga office be able to figure out what my Confirmation Number / Record of Landing Number was by using my Citizenship Certificate Number?

For your information, I landed in Canada 17 years ago as a sponsored child by my parents. Our papers were processed in Toronto Office and I indicated that in the application.

Regards,

Spouse444
Old Aug 25th 2004, 2:20 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please Clarify-Record of Landing No.(Missed to mention on my application for Sponsor)

IF you are a Canadian citizen it is unlilely that your Record of Landing number will be important enough to cause them to reject your application. The forms are confusing and you will certainly not be the only one to make such a mistake. When did you submit your application?
Has anyone else in this forum had a similar mistake, and what happened?

Originally Posted by Spouse444
Dear Mr. Miller and other Experts,

I am a Canadian citizen living with my Husband abroad. We have no children. I recently sent my Spousal Sponsorship Application and my husband's PR application to Mississauga.

On the "Application to Sponsor & Undertaking" form, I did not understand what Question 11 means ".. Confirmation of Permanent Residence Number..". so I filled that box with my CITIZENSHIP CERTIFICATE NUMBER (and indicated that it is my Citizenship Number).

Question:

1.Will that make my application incomplete?

2. Will Mississauga office be able to figure out what my Confirmation Number / Record of Landing Number was by using my Citizenship Certificate Number?

For your information, I landed in Canada 17 years ago as a sponsored child by my parents. Our papers were processed in Toronto Office and I indicated that in the application.

Regards,

Spouse444
Old Aug 25th 2004, 6:47 am
Just Joined

Spouse444 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please Clarify-Record of Landing No.(Missed to mention on my application for Sponsor)

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
IF you are a Canadian citizen it is unlilely that your Record of Landing number will be important enough to cause them to reject your application. The forms are confusing and you will certainly not be the only one to make such a mistake. When did you submit your application?
Has anyone else in this forum had a similar mistake, and what happened?
Thank you Mr. Jim for your prompt response. We applied three weeks ago.

Thanks

Spouse444