Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Please can anyone help with work whilst waiting question?

Please can anyone help with work whilst waiting question?

Old Mar 14th 2006, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light
Default Please can anyone help with work whilst waiting question?

I am here under the caregivers programm and i have completed the 24 months employment required to apply for my PR. I applied for My PR in January 2006. My children are on the Application and my daughter has been offered a job as a nanny. The PR should take about a year to complete if all goes well.
Is there anyway she can get a work permit whilst we wait?
I am on a low wage and the extra income would be very useful although i do not want to do anything to jepadise my application.

any advice please?
Old Mar 15th 2006, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Please can anyone help with work whilst waiting question?

I forgot to add that my daughter is 20 and on a visitors visa until the PR is through.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 5:17 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by babyblue
I forgot to add that my daughter is 20 and on a visitors visa until the PR is through.
Nope,she is out of luck. Spousal applications processed in Canada where AIP is received is about the only way in family class.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

The Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Nope,she is out of luck. Spousal applications processed in Canada where AIP is received is about the only way in family class.
Just a thought, and I could be wrong, but could your daughter apply for a Bunac non-student 12 month visa? She would have to return to the UK whilst it was processed (4-6 weeks), but then it would enable her to do any job in Canada for the 12 month period...