Planning to move to Canada

Old Dec 18th 2019, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planning to move to Canada

Originally Posted by Cold coffee
My job prospects are our primary concern now, as my wife if she passes all the tests and meets the standards and criteria, would have a much better chance of finding employment than I do from what I have read.
Alberta is not good for nursing jobs at the moment and preferences will be given to nurses not requiring a work permit. Nova Scotia May increase chance of work permit but I don’t think there is a big market for cosmetic work here in NS. If going via her profession you may have more chance accepting whatever she can get and go from there once settled and obtain pr.
Old Dec 21st 2019, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

UK Chrissie is a splendid one to beholdUK Chrissie is a splendid one to beholdUK Chrissie is a splendid one to beholdUK Chrissie is a splendid one to beholdUK Chrissie is a splendid one to beholdUK Chrissie is a splendid one to beholdUK Chrissie is a splendid one to beholdUK Chrissie is a splendid one to beholdUK Chrissie is a splendid one to beholdUK Chrissie is a splendid one to beholdUK Chrissie is a splendid one to behold

Hi,
Every province have their own different rules governing Nurses and Teacher. I lived in BC, Vancouver Island for 20 years,its an incredible and wonderful place to live , I miss my quality of life now back in England and regret my return. If you have the time it would be an advantage if you could both take the BC / Alberta Nurse and Teacher examinations. Then your ready to start work. You can earn high wages in both professions, however, if you locate up north of BC and or Alberta. It's wild country, and would give you a chance to stash your monies for a few years before moving south.
Whatever you do , research each province , then look at the towns and population numbers too. UK Chrissie
Old Dec 21st 2019, 4:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cold coffee
When I rectified it correctly, the score was 475. I put my wife forward instead of myself as the first person, as she is 3 years younger.
As said above, that's a very good score. It's definitely worth posting the breakdown here so others can check it as it seems high for a 31 year old, but perhaps she has a Phd or Canadian experience etc?

You'd get an ITA no problem with that score, if it's right then I'd recommend you apply asap as your wife's score will drop with each birthday. She'd be much more employable with PR rather than needing sponsorship and a work permit, and she doesn't need to be licensed as a nurse to apply for PR.

Good luck.