Picking up PR card

Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Picking up PR card

Tomorrow I am picking up my new PR card (luckily I can go in any time and don't have an appointment).

My question is that on the letter that I received in the post it states that I have to take in the letter, passport and health card which are all fine. Then it says about my original Immigration or Record of Landing paper, which I don't have and I just don't remember getting (this is going back to 2002). I never used it to apply for the card and I did phone up and they said to explain the situation, but they didn't seem 100% on this.

Can someone give me some reassurance that I can pick up the card without this?
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:22 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Picking up PR card

Your landing document .... COPR.... (= Certificate of Permanent Residence?) is stapled into your passport when you land (well, this is what happened to ours anyway). Have you renewed your passport or something since then??
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing was put in my passport except for a stamp. I must have got something but I can't remember and I had a good look last month and couldn't find a thing. Maybe it is different if you land here.

Surely, if the card has been done and everything is ok this is just a minor thing? I really hope as we have booked and paid to go away at the end of April.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Does anyone know the answer? This is starting to worry me a bit now...
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know the answer to your question Babsi, you're probably one of the very few people on here who is picking up their 2nd PR card, but I did see this link about getting a copy of your IMM 1000/IMM 5292 (you would have had one or the other at landing, depending on when you landed).

You've already done the paperwork I know, but according to this checklist it was either:
your IMM1000/IMM5292

or

provincial driving license/student card

or

most recent tax assessment

...so I don't see why they would suddenly need to see your IMM1000/IMM5292 at the picking-up stage.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, for my secondary ID I used my health card and I was told that was fine over the phone.

I am going in around an hour and just hope it is straightforward and I get the card and get it quickly as I am taking a 2 year old that just wants to run around and I hate going to those sort of places with him.

Normally when you worry about things like this they turn out ok and vice versa.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

What a lot of worry over nothing!

They couldn't care less that I didn't have any papers.

I guess I just like something to worry over.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babsi
What a lot of worry over nothing!

They couldn't care less that I didn't have any papers.

I guess I just like something to worry over.
Good news