Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Physical Presence form 'End Date'!

Physical Presence form 'End Date'!

Old Sep 28th 2018, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

melady25 has a reputation beyond reputemelady25 has a reputation beyond reputemelady25 has a reputation beyond reputemelady25 has a reputation beyond reputemelady25 has a reputation beyond reputemelady25 has a reputation beyond reputemelady25 has a reputation beyond reputemelady25 has a reputation beyond reputemelady25 has a reputation beyond reputemelady25 has a reputation beyond reputemelady25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Physical Presence form 'End Date'!

Hi, Am I right in thinking there is 3 documents to date and sign..... I can only decipher 2.... The physical Presence Calculator, and the application form itself. Im about to start filling in the form, so obviously I cant fill it in all in one go... so

Q1. Can I save the form and go back to it, and if so, once I began to fill it out, is it dated and logged with that date all the time.
Q2. The physical presence calculator form, if i did it today, will it be todays date, or.... will it be dated the day i print if off.
Q3.... Can I also save the Calculator form and continue a later day/time.

Originally Posted by Siouxie View Post
What application form? If you are talking about Citizenship, they should be dated the same day as you sign them... but read the following help page

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/...?redir=faq#Q15
Hi, Its for Citizenship. Have read the 'link' here, but still not understanding the first statement here:
  • Date of application used in this calculation;
  • Date of signature on this physical presence calculator print out;
  • Date of signature on the form for Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults
Is the physical presence form calculation automatically dated with the current date am filling it in...i.e. today,... and remains the same date when i go to print it?
Is the Application form automatically filled in with the current date i begin to fill it in?
I want to begin the application form, save it to return later and fill more in at my leasure... a bit hard going filling it in all in one go, all in one day .

So, reading again, the date of the physical presence form will be dated THE DAY I PRINT IT OFF AUTOMATICALLY.. or when im ready to print it off WILL THE DATE I ACTUALLY FILLED IT IN AUTOMATICALLY SHOW, even if i print it days later?

-----------------------

Should I insert the actual last date of the 5 year eligilibilty period in the 'to' column, or insert the word 'present'.. when finished all absences?
Put it another way,...currently am still absent on the last day of the 5 year period, so obviously up to the present time/day! The calculations are correct on completing it when i insert the date. Just not sure, so need clarification on this. Thankyou.
Old Oct 5th 2018, 9:45 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dating the Application Form

Originally Posted by melady25 View Post
Hi, Am I right in thinking there is 3 documents to date and sign..... I can only decipher 2.... The physical Presence Calculator, and the application form itself. Im about to start filling in the form, so obviously I cant fill it in all in one go... so

Q1. Can I save the form and go back to it, and if so, once I began to fill it out, is it dated and logged with that date all the time.
Q2. The physical presence calculator form, if i did it today, will it be todays date, or.... will it be dated the day i print if off.
Q3.... Can I also save the Calculator form and continue a later day/time.

What application form? If you are talking about Citizenship, they should be dated the same day as you sign them... but read the following help page

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/...?redir=faq#Q15

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 5th 2018 at 9:51 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2018, 2:10 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

The calculator will tell you if you meet the physical presence requirement.
  • If you meet the physical presence requirement, print the calculation and attach a copy to your Application for Canadian Citizenship under subsection 5(1). If you attach a copy, you do not need to complete the How to Calculate Physical Presence form (CIT 0407). Make sure that the date of application used in this calculation and the date of signature on the application form and on the calculation printout are the same. The date you sign your application cannot be in the future, and it cannot be more than 90 days before IRCC receives it.
  • If you do not meet the physical presence requirement, you are not eligible to apply for Citizenship. The calculator will give you a date when you should be eligible to apply, assuming nothing changes and you remain in Canada. When you are eligible to apply, redo the calculation before sending in your application. Your circumstances might have changed. For example, you might have more absences and this could impact your eligibility. If you want to save this calculation, you will need to register with an e-mail address. Don't forget to review all dates including the application date when you retrieve a saved calculation.
Old Oct 6th 2018, 6:34 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

For both documents the date you sign must match.

so for example you eligibility is 12 October 2013 until 12 October 2018. Make sure this is in your calculator and the same eligibility period is written in the application under the area where it asks.

if it was me I would sign both on 12 October 2018

when you print out the calculator, it states at the top what time and date you printed the form. The way around this is to change your computer settings to a date and time in the future (12 October 2018)

just make dure sure if the date is in the future you wait until that date or after the date to send it
Old Oct 7th 2018, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

You have to be eligible to apply for citizenship the day before you sign (see instruction guide).
Old Oct 14th 2018, 5:06 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Physical Presence form 'End Date'!

Originally Posted by melady25 View Post
Should I insert the actual last date of the 5 year eligilibilty period in the 'to' column, or insert the word 'present'.. when finished all absences?
Put it another way,...currently am still absent on the last day of the 5 year period, so obviously up to the present time/day! The calculations are correct on completing it when i insert the date. Just not sure, so need clarification on this. Thankyou.
I would put the date.

i.e your eligibility is 5 Oct 13 to 5 Oct 18.
Put the actual date 5 Oct 18. You can add. I am currently still residing outside of Canada in the reason section. - I did this at the start of my form as I was residing in the UK for just under a year of my 5 year eligibility

Old Oct 15th 2018, 12:51 am
Somewhere rather noisy .

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Physical Presence form 'End Date'!

There was a bit of a link scramble with Melady25's posts and threads.
Hopefully unscrambled now but for the sake of keeping everything straight as possible to help folks help her, I have closed this thread and will leave one main thread open.