Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Physical presence calculation in Canada about to expire :(

Physical presence calculation in Canada about to expire :(

Old Sep 21st 2020, 8:02 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Physical presence calculation in Canada about to expire :(

Originally Posted by BritCanadaNewbie
Yup got it done. I've printed an extra page 2. I just hope they remember to add up the total from the 2 pages.

Important question I need to know is that if I've been out of Canada more than 184 days should i sent a police certificate ? I got one anyway before I left uk?
thanks,
-Vish
You don't need a police certificate for PR card renewal.

The problem with printing multiple copies of page 2 is that the form uses a formula to calculate total days out of the numbers you enter in the columns above it and you can't alter the total field manually.
Old Sep 21st 2020, 8:20 pm
Banned

BritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
You don't need a police certificate for PR card renewal.

The problem with printing multiple copies of page 2 is that the form uses a formula to calculate total days out of the numbers you enter in the columns above it and you can't alter the total field manually.
ok so Page 2(A) has a total xx and Page 2(B) has a total xx What I'm saying I hope the clerk can see the totals from the 2 pages that the form auto constructs

yes?
Old Sep 21st 2020, 8:32 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

ok so Page 2(A) has a total xx and Page 2(B) has a total xx What I'm saying I hope the clerk can see the totals from the 2 pages that the form auto constructs

yes?
OK. Did you just leave Canada once and then return or have you travelled outside Canada and returned somewhat regularly. My understanding regarding that section is that it's for including times you left Canada and for exactly how long. It's not for a detailed travel history e.g. if you moved to the UK for a year and spent a fortnight in another country on holiday whilst you were outside Canada.
Old Sep 21st 2020, 10:28 pm
Banned

BritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
OK. Did you just leave Canada once and then return or have you travelled outside Canada and returned somewhat regularly. My understanding regarding that section is that it's for including times you left Canada and for exactly how long. It's not for a detailed travel history e.g. if you moved to the UK for a year and spent a fortnight in another country on holiday whilst you were outside Canada.
I've recorded all time I've been absent from Canada. It totals to 500. This is done by the 2 pages which gives the values in the entry fields and totals them.
My total time in canada is 1,195. So way above the PR threshold.
I know its a stinger if you've been outside Canada more than 730 days apparently as they auto demote your PR. But I'm not in the absent 700s days.
Old Sep 21st 2020, 10:31 pm
Sidecar Falcon

I've recorded all time I've been absent from Canada. It totals to 500. This is done by the 2 pages which gives the values in the entry fields and totals them.
My total time in canada is 1,195. So way above the PR threshold.
I know its a stinger if you've been outside Canada more than 730 days apparently as they auto demote your PR. But I'm not in the absent 700s days.
No, you must spend at least 730 days inside Canada. You can spend up to 1095 outside it in the same 5 years. It sounds like you're compliant by 100 days though which is basically 3 months so you shouldn't have an RO issue.
Old Sep 21st 2020, 10:51 pm
Banned

Wouldn't even have to do any of this crap if I had just done my citizenship test last year and not asked for a resched. Its insane they can just ignore your emails every month (way before covid) to find out why no new test date
Old Oct 8th 2020, 6:49 pm
Banned

Just an update Guys I got my PR card delivered and successfully renewed today. Flabbergasted how quick it took. Only 14 days exactly. I did mark it as urgent and included return flight to blighty details etc.

Now if only the citizenship team were quite so pro-active instead of ghosting me for almost 14months. Do you think I now should send a copy of my new PR card to them to wake them up?
thanks
BCN

Last edited by BritCanadaNewbie; Oct 8th 2020 at 7:14 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 8:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Now if only the citizenship team were quite so pro-active instead of ghosting me for almost 14months. Do you think I now should send a copy of my new PR card to them to wake them up?
No, because all citizenship tests are cancelled/postponed (and have been for months). There will be a big backlog, you’ll need to just wait until they start tests again and then as per the CIC website they’ll send you a new test date just before it.

HTH.