Wikiposts

Physical exam

Old Mar 10th 2016, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Chriscox1986 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Physical exam

Hey everyone I hope someone can help!

We applied for spousal sponsorship March of last year and sent the whole application, I received an email today saying I'm required to supply a physical examination, but I sent it with my original application? Is there someone I can contact regarding this? I don't want to have to it all over again as it's an all day event plus it costs $400+

Any help would he mostly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris
Old Mar 10th 2016, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Physical exam

Medicals are only valid for 1 year, so your medical has expired.

I've heard that people have not had to have a second medical, CIC have just asked for confirmation that no illness has developed in the time since you had the medical and that you haven't visited any designated countries.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Medicals only have a validity of one year which suggests to me that is the reason you've been asked.
Sorry I posted at the same time as BC
Frankly, I would simply comply unless you want to face delays and to be told you have to do it in the end anyway.

S
Old Mar 10th 2016, 6:08 am
Just Joined

Snowy thank you for the reply, as I sent my application over a year ago surely it is still valid as they have had my application? I applied in land Canada
Old Mar 10th 2016, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Medicals are only valid a year. If you submit inland, you have the option to have the medical at a later time (the processing time for an inland application is usually longer).

You didn't and your medical was a year ago.

Personally, I would comply. Otherwise, you are going to spend time, energy and effort challenging something only to be told you'll have to comply anyway. Or worse: your application may be refused. But it's up to you.

You could try calling the CIC helpline.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Mar 10th 2016 at 6:51 am.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 7:00 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Medicals are only valid a year. If you submit inland, you have the option to have the medical at a later time (the processing time for an inland application is usually longer).

You didn't and your medical was a year ago.

Personally, I would comply. Otherwise, you are going to spend time, energy and effort challenging something only to be told you'll have to comply anyway. Or worse: your application may be refused. But it's up to you.

You could try calling the CIC helpline.

S
1. If the applicant applied "in Canada" and has remained in Canada, it is extremely unusual for CIC to request a new medical.
2. If it was me, a would send a case specific email, with a copy of the receipt that the panel physician issued after the medical.
3. By contacting IRCC with proof of the medical, and they still insist on a new medical, so be it, but at least by contacting them by a CSE rather than through the Call Centre, you may save yourself a few dollars.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris, please will you post an update at some stage as I'd be interested to know what happens.
Thanks!

S
Old Mar 10th 2016, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Thank you all for your advise/information, I'll send an email and see where that goes! I'll repost once I've heard back

Thanks again! X