Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Photographs - where did you get yours?

Photographs - where did you get yours?

Old Jun 19th 2009, 11:49 am
tmb
Forum Regular

tmb is on a distinguished road
Default Photographs - where did you get yours?

Hi all,

having recieved my passport requests, yippee!!!! I note that I have to send in two photos.

It mentions in the specification that these are not the same as passport photos and also must be produced on single weight matte paper!

Does this mean we cannot use the passport booth?

Where did you get yours done and how much did they cost?

Thanks
TMB
Old Jun 19th 2009, 11:59 am
tmb
Forum Regular

Default Re: Photographs - where did you get yours?

Originally Posted by tmb
Hi all,

having recieved my passport requests, yippee!!!! I note that I have to send in two photos.

It mentions in the specification that these are not the same as passport photos and also must be produced on single weight matte paper!

Does this mean we cannot use the passport booth?

Where did you get yours done and how much did they cost?

Thanks
TMB
Or...
did you just use the passport photos from the local booth on shinny paper?
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

We went to the local Superstore, they have a photography counter there. I took the paperwork with me so that they knew the requirements and that they were different to passport photos. They said - no problem, used to it. They have a book with all the different requirements in there!

Not cheap though, $9.99 each for a set of 2. Obviously needed 4 each - and there are 5 of us!!! Ouch! Still I'd rather pay and get it done right than screw it up on my own!!
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:09 pm
tmb
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nicola N-A
We went to the local Superstore, they have a photography counter there. I took the paperwork with me so that they knew the requirements and that they were different to passport photos. They said - no problem, used to it. They have a book with all the different requirements in there!

Not cheap though, $9.99 each for a set of 2. Obviously needed 4 each - and there are 5 of us!!! Ouch! Still I'd rather pay and get it done right than screw it up on my own!!
oops, I forgot to state, I need to know in the UK...

Last edited by tmb; Jun 19th 2009 at 12:10 pm. Reason: wrong word used
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

ga1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nice

If they meet the same specification details as the ones requested with the application (SAP/SW), then you can get them done at Snappy Snaps (£7.99 I think). You need to check if the branch can do specific photos but mine did and he checked the end product against the specification to make sure the measurements were correct.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Yup, Snappy Snaps know all about the requirements. They will also give you discount on price for multiples.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 1:29 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

We just went onto the local Asda booth and did them there.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

We also went to our local ASDA photo booth.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 3:04 pm
tmb
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Trophy
We also went to our local ASDA photo booth.
but the Asda ones arnt om matte paper are they?
Old Jun 19th 2009, 3:08 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sure the back off them are. Anyway we used them all through the process.

HTH
Old Jun 19th 2009, 5:01 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

We made an appointment with a local photographer ( you know the sort that does family snaps) and he was used to the request (we took the specs just in case) and it cost us 29 pounds for 4 of us, expensive I know but I wanted to make sure it was right.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

snoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud of

we just used the local photo-me booth - they looked glossy to me so I was a bit worried, but they were accepted fine.
Just check that the faces measure up okay with the measurements on the guidance sheet and send them in.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 10:07 am
tmb
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snoopster
we just used the local photo-me booth - they looked glossy to me so I was a bit worried, but they were accepted fine.
Just check that the faces measure up okay with the measurements on the guidance sheet and send them in.
Anybody elsejust done the booth thing and had no problems? Is it worth the risk? anybody had any photos rejected and what happens then?
Old Jun 20th 2009, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of

We too, made an appointment with a photographic studio - paid £7.00 for a set of 4 pics. I have read (sure it was on here) that some people had their photo booth pics rejected. TBH I think it's just "luck of the draw"!
Old Jun 20th 2009, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tracie107
We too, made an appointment with a photographic studio - paid £7.00 for a set of 4 pics. I have read (sure it was on here) that some people had their photo booth pics rejected. TBH I think it's just "luck of the draw"!
Yeah I've heard that too, also that if they aren't right they just take some more photos when you land at immigration.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.