Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Photocopy n notorised or Original?

Photocopy n notorised or Original?

Old Dec 16th 2004, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Tweeks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Photocopy n notorised or Original?

Hello again,
Sorry really silly one this, but want to make sure....

Things like birth certificates - do they want originals? Or copies? and if copies do they have to be notarised?

Thanks in advance again ^^
Old Dec 16th 2004, 5:51 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Photocopy n notorised or Original?

Follow visa post specific instructions - some visa post require originals, some notarized copies while others plain copies.

Originally Posted by Tweeks
Hello again,

Things like birth certificates - do they want originals? Or copies? and if copies do they have to be notarised?

Old Dec 16th 2004, 6:20 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Hello again,

Berlin for example only wanted simple copies from me no notarization, nothing. I guess they verify the info somehow.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 6:39 am
Just Joined

Thanks, i'll see if i can find that info... might just send originals as its cheaper than notorising it.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

MrBosco is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, i'll see if i can find that info... might just send originals as its cheaper than notorising it.
I'd be careful with that. You might not get them back. If they don't ask for originals, I wouldn't send originals.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Well to be honest having looked now they dont seem to specify either, they do seem to specify when they want a copy and thats it. I can only presume the original is required if they don't state that they want a copy.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

SunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really nice

If you are applying from the UK / London Office, then only a very few documents need notorization. It states on the Check List Form what to notorize (download the one from the London Office Website as this IS different to the one on the CIC Site)

From Memory it was only Work Contracts and Job Description Forms, Qualification Certificates.......... It states that everything MUST be copies as they wont return anything.

Good luck
Old Dec 16th 2004, 11:29 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SunnySussex
If you are applying from the UK / London Office, then only a very few documents need notorization. It states on the Check List Form what to notorize (download the one from the London Office Website as this IS different to the one on the CIC Site)

From Memory it was only Work Contracts and Job Description Forms, Qualification Certificates.......... It states that everything MUST be copies as they wont return anything.

Good luck
That is similar to Berlin. I actually called the Embassy and asked them
Old Dec 17th 2004, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road

great mhhp,

The berlin embassy does reply to your telephone. Mine in Paris is always busy.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 2:51 am
keep checking....

Originally Posted by bhalerao
great mhhp,

The berlin embassy does reply to your telephone. Mine in Paris is always busy.
Berlin has one hour for calling I think it was 2-3 pm. It is usually busy, but if U start calling at 2 and do redial, redail,....... you usually get lucky at some point within the hour.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

MrBosco is an unknown quantity at this point

When I applied to Buffalo, I saw nothing in any of the instructions which said anything about notarizing copies of anything. They did say not to send originals.

Consequently, I simply sent unnotarized photocopies of everything (except, of course FBI cert). They seemed satisified with this and never requested anything else.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 8:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SunnySussex

Good luck

Thanks for all your replies. I've gone to the UK office website, and it just links to the Main ci.ga.ca one.