Photocopies of originals

Old May 31st 2007, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

Lonestar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Photocopies of originals

Hi all, just a quick question....when i sent my initial application ,i got all the bank statements and birth certificates photocopied and then certified by a solicitor but now i have the 90 day letter and need to resend updated documents....it looks like i had wasted my money as they are happy with just a photocopy of the original without me having to get it certified by a solicitor.....is this true or have i made a mistake as i will be posting them tommorow, cheers in advance.
Old May 31st 2007, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

RodseyUK will become famous soon enoughRodseyUK will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Photocopies of originals

You don't need certified copies of bank statements and birth certificates.

We never got anything certified and we successfully obtained PR.
Old May 31st 2007, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto, nothing certified here. Though the university did stamp and sign the copy of my degree certificate they sent me.
Old May 31st 2007, 9:40 pm
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

We also just sent regular photocopies and recently got our PR with no problems.
Old May 31st 2007, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

Lonestar is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Photocopies of originals

Thank you all for the replies....i just don't know where I got the idea from in the first place....it must have been when they were requesting notarized employment contracts in the checklist which I got certified anyway by mistake which I don't think is the same thing, I was probably over zealous wanting it all to be perfect and not worrying about the extra expense.......what a far cry that is considering my lax attitude since I got my first contact from the CHC since my AOR July 2005 , I got my 90 day letter on 6th of march '07 and the 90 days are up next monday, I am using the excuse that my baby son was born at the end of march but deep down i am hoping to prolong the time until i recieve a visa since it must be used within a year of the medicals.........I think i need to get some of those fantastic 'rose tinted glasses' that I picked up from vancouver in '04.