Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

photocopies or certified copies????

photocopies or certified copies????

Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Glam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really nice
Default photocopies or certified copies????

What's your experience of this for supporting docs e.g. education records etc. Did you just send photocopies and has that gone through ok? did you pay for the certified copies?

Let me know,

Cheers,

Gav.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: photocopies or certified copies????

My degree transcripts were originals. The only other thing that was original were the police certificates.

Degree certificate - I did a copy.

In fact, I got nothing notarised, so we shall see if it gets rejected.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Not sure if you are sending your docs to Buffalo or London (London might have different requirements than Buffalo). I sent mine to Buffalo a while ago and only original documents I sent were the applications forms and police certificates. Everything else was notarized photocopies and I got them notarized in my local bank for free.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

I'm sending my documents to London next week for my PNP application. My plan is to have a work colleague (Police Officer) sign the enclosed documents to attest to their validity.

Tim
Old Dec 1st 2009, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

Originally Posted by Glam
What's your experience of this for supporting docs e.g. education records etc. Did you just send photocopies and has that gone through ok? did you pay for the certified copies?

Let me know,

Cheers,

Gav.
Notarized copies of everything except police certificates and birth certificates which were originals. Felt it better to be safe than sorry, however, others on here have just sent plain photocopies and it's been OK.

My company secretary is also a notary public so I got it done free of charge as a favour.

Last edited by PaulOK; Dec 1st 2009 at 9:24 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

All the documents we sent were photocopies with the exception of the Police Certificate and University Transcript and we did not have any notarised. We achieved PR in July.

Poppit
Old Dec 1st 2009, 9:20 pm
tmb
Forum Regular

tmb is on a distinguished road

Hi,
all my documents except degree notifcation and police certificate were photocopies, via London, achieved PR status in June 2009
Old Dec 1st 2009, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
We did not get anything certified and have not been asked to do so. Did send originals of references and employers letters....but took copies for our home file. I think the rule of thumb is that you have to be prepared and able to show originals if requested to do so or if required for interview. The process is expensive enough without unnecessary expense.
Hope this helps....and good luck
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by Glam

Let me know,

Cheers,

Gav.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi
We did not get anything certified and have not been asked to do so. Did send originals of references and employers letters....but took copies for our home file. I think the rule of thumb is that you have to be prepared and able to show originals if requested to do so or if required for interview. The process is expensive enough without unnecessary expense.
Hope this helps....and good luck
lol
Stef
The above is good to know. I am going to get the important documents certified by a Police Officer.

Tim
Old Dec 1st 2009, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tim010
The above is good to know. I am going to get the important documents certified by a Police Officer.

Tim
The poster you quote stated that they didn't get things certified...

Last edited by bodgerx; Dec 1st 2009 at 10:49 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bodgerx
The poster you quote stated that they did get things certified...
I know.......But I can get it done free at work so may as well do it.

Tim
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tim010
I know.......But I can get it done free at work so may as well do it.

Tim
I think if you can get certified copies for free : do it!

I have a notary as a colleague as well and I'll get as much as possible notarized. Originals will be the employer offer letter, police certificates and application forms of course.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

Some of those who did notarised are PR now. However, I did not take the chance and as PM stated in another thread - when in doubt follow the instructions.

You can save money, but it may rebound. As for Notary Publics, I am not too sure a Policeman is on the list. They certify for passport, but I am not too sure they can notarise for immigrtaion ? There is a list on CIC. Magistrates, some solicitors. etc.

JET.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JET747
Some of those who did notarised are PR now. However, I did not take the chance and as PM stated in another thread - when in doubt follow the instructions.
That would be fair enough if the instructions were consistent

My request letter stated photocopies only (apart from Police cert's) whereas the London CHC guidelines document says certified copies.

The letter they sent me won out.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Melsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Poppit
Hi

All the documents we sent were photocopies with the exception of the Police Certificate and University Transcript and we did not have any notarised. We achieved PR in July.

Poppit
Hi did you send photocopies of birth certificates too?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.