Wikiposts

Photo Specifications for Visa

Old Jan 2nd 2010, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice
Default Photo Specifications for Visa

How difficult can this be.....

Went this morning with the family to get the photo's done, the guy who took them was shaking a little bit... got them home and although the photo's were okay the way he cut them using the template cutter was laughable, they were all over the place!!

Went back this afternoon to get them re-done, the kids photo's look really pasty and my picture from chin to crown is too big (33mm instead the max of 30mm).

What a wind up!! £26 to get them done and looks like I'll be going back a 3rd time to get them right

Has anyone had any experience of applications being rejected for photo's not being just right?

Thanks.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photo Specifications for Visa

yeah its a racket - cost me $240 for 3 sets
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

If you have a decent photo printer, 6x4 photo paper and a guillotine (or a straight edge and a sharp knife), this gets perfect results:

http://www.epassportphoto.com/
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

james_smith99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bodgerx
If you have a decent photo printer, 6x4 photo paper and a guillotine (or a straight edge and a sharp knife), this gets perfect results:

http://www.epassportphoto.com/
i printed my own for my PR application. just cropped the picture to the right proportions and set the printer to print the required size. PR was approved a few weeks ago so they don't seem to have had a problem with this.

...sent my passport off for the visa a few days before christmas and did the same again with those pictures so hope i'm not tempting fate opening my mouth now !!
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 4:14 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burton bunch
yeah its a racket - cost me $240 for 3 sets
OMG! Really?!!!
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

screene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nice

For anyone in the UK, try http://www.picturelizard.co.uk. I took my own pictures then emailed them in to them - very quick turnaround, I just quoted the spec and they did as asked.

One of the few things that was a reasonable deal in the whole migration process.