Wikiposts

Photo Specifications

Old Jan 18th 2007, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Tolga is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Photo Specifications

Hi all,

I had my photos taken yesterday for SW - PNP application.. 4 of them.
I printed out and gave the page 9 of http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf to the photographer.

At home I measured the photos with a ruler (to make sure) and they are precisely w:35mm h:45mm. Chin to crown is 30mm. However, when I place it in the provided box on imm0008egen or E37048, it overflows a bit, so I picked my magical ruler again and measured the box and it is not 35mm to 45mm even though it claims that with arrows.

Is this cause of my letter size print paper? Should I not bother and send them out since they are correct size?
I know it is kind of a weird question, but I do not want to take any risks.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 4:12 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Photo Specifications

Don't pay any attention to place for photos on the application form - you must submit photos in separate envelope. Don't glue or staple them to the form.

Originally Posted by Tolga
Hi all,

I had my photos taken yesterday for SW - PNP application.. 4 of them.
I printed out and gave the page 9 of http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf to the photographer.

At home I measured the photos with a ruler (to make sure) and they are precisely w:35mm h:45mm. Chin to crown is 30mm. However, when I place it in the provided box on imm0008egen or E37048, it overflows a bit, so I picked my magical ruler again and measured the box and it is not 35mm to 45mm even though it claims that with arrows.

Is this cause of my letter size print paper? Should I not bother and send them out since they are correct size?
I know it is kind of a weird question, but I do not want to take any risks.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Don't pay any attention to place for photos on the application form - you must submit photos in separate envelope. Don't glue or staple them to the form.
I know that I have to put them in a separate envelope. I just wanted to place it and see on E37048 page 9. The box provided is 33mm to 42mm, so I dont need to crop it down to that in order to fit right?
Old Jan 19th 2007, 3:01 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Why you try to make it more complicated than it already is? Just follow photo specs.

Originally Posted by Tolga
I know that I have to put them in a separate envelope. I just wanted to place it and see on E37048 page 9. The box provided is 33mm to 42mm, so I dont need to crop it down to that in order to fit right?
Old Jan 19th 2007, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Why you try to make it more complicated than it already is? Just follow photo specs.
Well the immigration application itself is pretty simple as well, but it is all about the details and after a while you become more paranoid

Thanks Andrew.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

The Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Andrew - you suggested to Tolga that photos shouldn't be glued or stapled to the form. I'm also sorting my PR application out (as a BC PNP applicant, like Tolga), and trying to follow the sometimes contradictory PNP & CIC info. PNP guide states that photos should be "in an envelope, stapled to bottom right of page 2" - so they should kind of be stapled to the form? (also, PNP info does not mention the need to write name and date of birth on reverse of one of the photos - I guess this is still necessary though?). Thanks.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Escapea
Hi Andrew - you suggested to Tolga that photos shouldn't be glued or stapled to the form. I'm also sorting my PR application out (as a BC PNP applicant, like Tolga), and trying to follow the sometimes contradictory PNP & CIC info. PNP guide states that photos should be "in an envelope, stapled to bottom right of page 2" - so they should kind of be stapled to the form? (also, PNP info does not mention the need to write name and date of birth on reverse of one of the photos - I guess this is still necessary though?). Thanks.
Personally, I haven't stapled anything; I used paperclips to attach it to the bottom right of page 2.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

The Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of light

Ahhh - you're still one step ahead of me Tolga! The race for PR continues...