photo specifications

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

lace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant future
Unhappy photo specifications

I have just had a quote on these photo's that I need (4 of each person )i got quoted £30 per photo. boy oh boy i need 20 as i have 5 in my family thats £600!!!!! did everyone pay this or is there another way i can send photos??
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 11:05 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice
Default Re: photo specifications

:scared: That is a ridiculous price, assuming you mean photos for immigration purposes. I got my photos for my application for permanent residence done in a photo processing place in central London. I needed 12 and it cost me £15 (£5 for 4).

We also got some photos done at a photographer's studio for our children's Canadian passport and proof of citizenship cards and that cost something like £15 for 8 photos (2 photos of two boys in 2 formats).

Shop around!
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Karen S is an unknown quantity at this point

There was a thread about this a few weeks ago, at http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244145

The best deal seemed to be at Jessops, who apparently charged £3 for a set of 4 photos.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

vajra is an unknown quantity at this point

This is ridiculous. In U.S I paid 11 dollars to get the negative and 6 photos, as per CIC specifications. I needed them again, I went to WallMart, I gave the negative and told them the specifications. The lady there inserted it into a machine, and made 4 photos in one sheet of paper. Costed me 69 cents.

Originally Posted by lace
I have just had a quote on these photo's that I need (4 of each person )i got quoted £30 per photo. boy oh boy i need 20 as i have 5 in my family thats £600!!!!! did everyone pay this or is there another way i can send photos??
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

lace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant future

thanks to all who replied.i think i'll try Jessop's (though i did phone them and they said i need a professional photographer) but i'll take down the specifications and see how i get on
ty again
Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

kanata is an unknown quantity at this point

I am an amatuer photographer and think the price quoted is ridiculous for the work involved. If I could earn that sort of money I would go professional. Anyway we are going to take some hi-res digital photos, size them to the correct dimensions in Adobe Photoshop, make multiple copies on one sheet then take the file to a professional print shop (Loxleys in Glasgow,UK). Should come to a total of less than £5. If you stay local to Glasgow, I would be happy to help out.

thanks to all who replied.i think i'll try Jessop's (though i did phone them and they said i need a professional photographer) but i'll take down the specifications and see how i get on
ty again
Old Sep 4th 2004, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: photo specifications

thanks for your kind offer kanata...but i'm just back from Jessops in Sauchiehall St and got them all done for a total of £17.50 and the smile on my face is huge i am so tempted to phone the photographer i got the quote from and tell him politely what i think of his ridiculous prices... i got all 20 photos done for less than his price for 1 and karen thanks for the Jessops thread i probably wouldnt have went to them after the guy saying i had to go to a professional photographer but im glad i did
Old Sep 4th 2004, 4:24 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

That's excellent news, lace! I think you really should ring the original photographer.
Old Sep 4th 2004, 5:22 pm
squarepants

That is cheap for 20 pictures ! Over here for some reason, they only do two at a time, and charge ridiculously for it too. The reason for the two? They say most places only ask for 2 pictures

If you want 4 at wal-mart, you will have to pay the price of another two, they don't do extras. Are you sure those pics are to immigration standard?

thanks for your kind offer kanata...but i'm just back from Jessops in Sauchiehall St and got them all done for a total of £17.50 and the smile on my face is huge i am so tempted to phone the photographer i got the quote from and tell him politely what i think of his ridiculous prices... i got all 20 photos done for less than his price for 1 and karen thanks for the Jessops thread i probably wouldnt have went to them after the guy saying i had to go to a professional photographer but im glad i did