Photo for PR card

Old Jan 27th 2013, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

burgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really nice
Default Photo for PR card

Just got a quick question regarding the photo needed for the PR card form.
I know that the dimensions are different to a standard passport, but do they have to be done by a 'professional'? I got a nifty new camera for Chrimbo and some photograph paper, so could I configure and print my own?

as always, any inromation gratefully received,

many thanks

Sean
Old Jan 27th 2013, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photo for PR card

Originally Posted by burgesshead
I know that the dimensions are different to a standard passport, but do they have to be done by a 'professional'?
They're different to a Canadian passport, but I believe they're still the same as a UK passport? I got all my PR photos from a passport photo booth at the post office.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 5:38 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

personally, get them done by a 'proffesional' as 1) it don't cost much at all and 2) they will know the correct size and proportions etc. and 3) they will stamp the back or the form and so 'they' know that they are correct!!
Old Jan 28th 2013, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

burgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really nice

Many thanks for the reply.
We got the originals done at Jessops (should have saw the signs!?!)
My photo and my wife's were ok, but my son's was rejected (no explanation as to why, as they were all the same size!?!).

So now in situation whereby my wife and I have our PR cards, but my son doesn't so having to apply for (and probably pay for) his.

Oh well, the hoops we jump through!!
Old Jan 28th 2013, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Yandros is a jewel in the roughYandros is a jewel in the roughYandros is a jewel in the roughYandros is a jewel in the rough

If it's any help we had ours done at a 'Snappy Snaps' shop. I can't remember exactly how much they cost but it wasn't much and when the guy knew what we wanted them for he was very careful taking the photos and he measured all the various dimensions and compared them with the info we took in. We didn't have any problems at all with the photos and PR cards arrived as promised.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Yandros
If it's any help we had ours done at a 'Snappy Snaps' shop. I can't remember exactly how much they cost but it wasn't much and when the guy knew what we wanted them for he was very careful taking the photos and he measured all the various dimensions and compared them with the info we took in. We didn't have any problems at all with the photos and PR cards arrived as promised.
Thanks Yandros,
I'll see if there are any nearby.

Appreciate the help.

Sean