Wikiposts

Phone number for London office?

Old Apr 30th 2007, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

SarahBella is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Phone number for London office?

Hey...does anyone have the number for the London Canadian immigration office?

Our E-cas changed quite awhile ago saying that we've been processing in London since Feb 27th, but we have not gotten a letter in the mail saying that we have....has that happened to anyone else?

Anyway, thought we might have to give them a call about it. Cheers!
Old Apr 30th 2007, 7:47 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phone number for London office?

It will sit at Processing or In Process until they ask for more info. This can take up to 4-5 years. Nothing to ask about unfortunately. You've AORed, now it's the long term waiting game.

Last edited by Ben W Bell; Apr 30th 2007 at 7:50 am.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SarahBella

Our E-cas changed quite awhile ago saying that we've been processing in London since Feb 27th, but we have not gotten a letter in the mail saying that we have....has that happened to anyone else?

Hey Sarah - we're in exactly the same boat (Spousal visa processing since Feb 27th) and nothing but as far as I know we now don't hear anything unless there's a problem or PPR!

Hope that helps!
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The TWs
Hey Sarah - we're in exactly the same boat (Spousal visa processing since Feb 27th) and nothing but as far as I know we now don't hear anything unless there's a problem or PPR!

Hope that helps!

Yes, thanks! I'm kind of glad actually...just to know someone else is in the same boat! We're doing the common law sponsership, so thats pretty much the same as the spousal one... Ah well! we did go pretty fast to start with, didn't we?
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

Yes, thanks! I'm kind of glad actually...just to know someone else is in the same boat! We're doing the common law sponsership, so thats pretty much the same as the spousal one... Ah well! we did go pretty fast to start with, didn't we?
We did - it created a sense of false speed and now, as each day passes I'm caught between anger and tears of frustration! :curse:

Where are you guys headed?
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

We did - it created a sense of false speed and now, as each day passes I'm caught between anger and tears of frustration! :curse:

Where are you guys headed?
I know!! And we paid for everything upfront and sent the fingerprints with it before they even asked, because it said if we paid for everything right away it would be faster! so whats going on, huh!? lol Argh. So I know how you're feeling!

We're heading back to my hometown of Toronto! I miss it so much and can't wait...we're currently in Edinburgh, Scotland. What about you?
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:29 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I know!! And we paid for everything upfront and sent the fingerprints with it before they even asked, because it said if we paid for everything right away it would be faster! so whats going on, huh!? lol Argh. So I know how you're feeling!

We're heading back to my hometown of Toronto! I miss it so much and can't wait...we're currently in Edinburgh, Scotland. What about you?
Your only 2 months into the process at London, they quote 3-7 months for 80% of spousal cases.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 2:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

They don't always issue an acknowledgement of receipt for spousal/common-law in London like they do for other classes of visa. I got a blue postcard from them to say it was received, most of the others (especially recently) have received nothing. Don't worry about it. Yet
Old Apr 30th 2007, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

smandrews is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the same IO has our file on their desk. London also started processing ours on 27th Feb.

Just a bit nerve-wracking.... I know the processing time is 3-7 months, but you hope that when your case is straightforward (we think?) that it will be even quicker.

We have taken the HUGE step of giving up our flat (moving out next week) and staying with my husband's family until we get the PPR. Then we will be on the next plane out. It will help us save some more cash, but we don't want to outstay our welcome.

Let's hope we all get our PPR soon!!

Has anyone thought of ordering their CAIPS notes? We are thinking of it, as if there is a problem, we would like to know sooner rather than later. And as they take about a month to receive, we wonder if we should start the ball rolling?
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hmmm, is it bad that I'm not too sure what CAIPS are?
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

We're heading back to my hometown of Langley (Just outside Vancouver). We can't wait either - we've just had some friends from there visiting and its made us even more impatient. We'll be within 10 minutes of 2 of my best friends and their families and after being in London for the last 7 years friends nearby is paradise!

As far as CAIPS go I figure by the time you order them, get them and understand them our PPRs will be here...

But if anyone knows where I can buy some patience I would LOVE to know!

emily
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
It will sit at Processing or In Process until they ask for more info. This can take up to 4-5 years. Nothing to ask about unfortunately. You've AORed, now it's the long term waiting game.
Hi Ben - we're all spousal sponsorships so if it sits for 4 -5 years i think we'd all go crazy!!!!!!

I don't envy those of you who have to wait though. Good luck with your application!
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

We're heading back to my hometown of Langley (Just outside Vancouver). We can't wait either - we've just had some friends from there visiting and its made us even more impatient. We'll be within 10 minutes of 2 of my best friends and their families and after being in London for the last 7 years friends nearby is paradise!

As far as CAIPS go I figure by the time you order them, get them and understand them our PPRs will be here...

But if anyone knows where I can buy some patience I would LOVE to know!

emily

Yes!! The friends make it so much harder when they come over to visit...and then bringing them back to the airport! Ya just wanna go home so bad!!! lol...its not that I don't like the U.K...it's just that I've been here long enough...and Canada is calling me home! haha

So it sounds like CAIPS isn't really a necessity, right? Ah well... We still have the paperwork of writing down everything we're bringing back and their serial numbers to look foward to! :P
Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ah well... We still have the paperwork of writing down everything we're bringing back and their serial numbers to look foward to! :P
I just made the mistake of looking in our loft!!!! How did I ever accumulate so much stuff?

Our house is going on the market next week so then I'll be waiting for that as well as the PPR!!! I'm going to end up bald before we go back!!!!
Old May 1st 2007, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

I just made the mistake of looking in our loft!!!! How did I ever accumulate so much stuff?

Our house is going on the market next week so then I'll be waiting for that as well as the PPR!!! I'm going to end up bald before we go back!!!!
You never realize how much crap you have until you try to pack it :P We've had to throw a lot out, or send some stuff back home for my Mother to keep in storage until we get there...do we need to tell them about that stuff as well? It's just some of our CD's and DVD's, or extra sheets for the bed...you know, simple stuff.

Haha, please don't go bald!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.