Phone number for High Commision

Old Aug 24th 2008, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

shonaoconnor has a spectacular aura aboutshonaoconnor has a spectacular aura aboutshonaoconnor has a spectacular aura about
Default Phone number for High Commision

Hi
I sent my application for TWP 6 weeks ago and have heard nothing at all. Need to be in Vancouver on 8th Oct to sit the nursing exam - help!!

Does anyone have a phone number to get through to the High Commission?
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

cheepnis has a brilliant futurecheepnis has a brilliant futurecheepnis has a brilliant futurecheepnis has a brilliant futurecheepnis has a brilliant futurecheepnis has a brilliant futurecheepnis has a brilliant future
Default Re: Phone number for High Commision

when i was called for extra info for my app, the phone caller display read 0207 258 6300.

i have never called it yet though...

let us know to what/whom you are connected to when you call.

good luck.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:13 am
Account Closed

derekgoforth is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck trying to speak to someone at the high commision, it took me ringing the mission section of the commision and leaving messages on there 'emergency voicemail' to get anyone to call me.

ring the mission and ask to leave a message on their voicmail, am sure others have had better luck though whilst waiting 5 years for PR
Old Aug 25th 2008, 4:44 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by derekgoforth
good luck trying to speak to someone at the high commision, it took me ringing the mission section of the commision and leaving messages on there 'emergency voicemail' to get anyone to call me.

ring the mission and ask to leave a message on their voicmail, am sure others have had better luck though whilst waiting 5 years for PR
I doubt that they will respond, as the TWP is within their 6 week processing time frame, then you have to add mail time.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 5:02 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Have you had your medical yet?
Old Aug 25th 2008, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

shonaoconnor has a spectacular aura aboutshonaoconnor has a spectacular aura aboutshonaoconnor has a spectacular aura about

No
I've had nothing and I've been waiting 6 weeks tomorrow.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 7:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Surely if you need a medical then there's no way you'll be out there by October?! I thought having to have a medical added several months on to the standard 6 weeks for a TWP application? Hope that I'm wrong though!

If time gets really tight, could you apply at POE?

Good luck, hope you hear something soon!!

Edited to add: just searched CIC website and found this "A medical examination may add over three months to the processing of your application."

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 25th 2008 at 7:31 am.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
You can get a medical the next day in Harley Street and blood results take about 5-7 days - that's it, unless you have any medical problems, which I don't, so it's still just about possible to get there by Oct as long as the med forms come in the next few days!!
Don't iknow if I can apply at POE. Will look into it. Don't think so tho' as another nurse I know is going to BC and she says we need meds as we're going to be workingin the public sector. She got all her paperwork done in a matter of weeks, bu that was much earlier in the year when things were quieter. Unfortunately her house sale fell thru at the last minute, so has it back on the market!!
Old Aug 25th 2008, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Just managed to speak to someone at the HIgh Commision. She says it takes 6-8 weeks to process application and add on a further 4 weeks if you need a medical - so guess I just need to wait longer. More postie watching then!!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

unigirl1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shonaoconnor
Just managed to speak to someone at the HIgh Commision. She says it takes 6-8 weeks to process application and add on a further 4 weeks if you need a medical - so guess I just need to wait longer. More postie watching then!!
what number did you ring?
Old Sep 8th 2008, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
I rang the number I found on google 0207 2586600. you have to trail through a whole load of options but eventually you get to speak to a human!!

Good Luck
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

unigirl1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I rang the number I found on google 0207 2586600. you have to trail through a whole load of options but eventually you get to speak to a human!!

Good Luck
Thankyou, the number worked
Old Sep 9th 2008, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
That's great. Hope you got the answers you needed.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Good Luck
which option did you press please?