Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Phone #-Cdn High Comm, London - Manchester connections?

Phone #-Cdn High Comm, London - Manchester connections?

Old Jan 28th 2005, 12:37 pm
whm
Forum Regular

whm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant future
Default Phone #-Cdn High Comm, London - Manchester connections?

Two more questions.

1. Does anybody know if there is a phone number for the Canadian High Commission in London UK that will actually get you a human being eventually? Either my sweetie doesn't know how to use the phone, or the one on the CIC site is incorrect.

2. Just curious - anybody on here from Manchester?

(One day I hope to be wise enough to actually ANSWER people on this forum instead of just pestering with questions, but hey, that's what we're here for, isn't it? But wait a sec...if I'm wise enough to answer, that could mean that I've been hanging out here for far, far too long...)

whm
Old Jan 28th 2005, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

jorja is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Phone #-Cdn High Comm, London - Manchester connections?

I spoke to someone in London CHC recently... but not in immigration. She said immigration only reply to fax & mail. Not sure about that though as I've faxed and mailed in the last few months and haven't got a reply.

If you finally do make contact, let me know how!
Old Jan 28th 2005, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by whm
Two more questions.

1. Does anybody know if there is a phone number for the Canadian High Commission in London UK that will actually get you a human being eventually? Either my sweetie doesn't know how to use the phone, or the one on the CIC site is incorrect.

(One day I hope to be wise enough to actually ANSWER people on this forum instead of just pestering with questions, but hey, that's what we're here for, isn't it? But wait a sec...if I'm wise enough to answer, that could mean that I've been hanging out here for far, far too long...)

whm

By some miracle, my wife did manage to get through to speak to somebody at CHC London about our PR application forms. However she says the person she spoke to was a bloody "Quebecoise" who could hardly speak english and his idea of help was to read from the CIC website. When she asked a question about what he just read to her, he simply read it again. In the end she hung up on him...
Old Jan 28th 2005, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

colindeane is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by whm
Two more questions.

whm
Yes its a pain, nobody wants to speak to me either!

I am from Manchester and in the process of applying for PR to Canada.

It can be frustrating, so many forms and little help.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 10:26 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

From Crewe, Cheshire - close enough !

Rich & Nicky

Originally Posted by whm
Two more questions.

whm
Old Jan 29th 2005, 6:26 am
whm
Forum Regular

whm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant future

Hi all,

Nice to know my Manchester connection has people sharing similar goals and problems in his neck of the woods. Misery loves company and all that.

I cannot believe that it is impossible to talk to CHC. That is so ridiculous. I don't know how all you people have survived this nonsense for so long. A tribute to stubbornness? Mental illness? (I've seen that mentioned a few times lately on this forum - I'm getting worried!)

If anybody comes up with any clear ways to get through, I would appreciate hearing!

Thanks,

whm
Old Jan 29th 2005, 7:26 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonny
By some miracle, my wife did manage to get through to speak to somebody at CHC London about our PR application forms. However she says the person she spoke to was a bloody "Quebecoise" who could hardly speak english and his idea of help was to read from the CIC website. When she asked a question about what he just read to her, he simply read it again. In the end she hung up on him...
Nice talk Jonny. The visa section does not want to talk to you on the telephone.
Send them a fax or wait it out with everyone else.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 8:41 am
Just Joined

debs_england is an unknown quantity at this point

i sent a letter to CHC in London asking the questions i had about spouse sponsorship and all i got back was a pre printed letter that i already had anyway!!!

Nightmare!

just a good job people on here are nice enough to help out or i would have had a nevous breakdown by now
Old Jan 29th 2005, 8:47 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debs_england
i sent a letter to CHC in London asking the questions i had about spouse sponsorship and all i got back was a pre printed letter that i already had anyway!!!

Nightmare!

just a good job people on here are nice enough to help out or i would have had a nevous breakdown by now
In case you missed it there is a lot of information about apousal sponsorship on the CICs website at www.cic.gc.ca Look in the forms and applications sections and read the appropriate guide (carefully).

Everywhere you go these days the telephone answerer is a machine with preset useless (often answers).