Wikiposts

Phone call from Missisauga

Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

cancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to behold
Default Phone call from Missisauga

Today we had a phone call from a woman at Missisauga. She said they required a UK address for my husband, even though he has been here in Canada with me for almost a year (spousal sponsorship, application through CHC london). We explained that he no longer has a UK address, but she said it is mandatory that he provides an address in home country. So we provided her with his Mum's address, told her that is what it is, and asked that she puts a note on the file that all correspondence is still sent to us here in Canada.

Is this ok?Did we do the right thing?

On the plus side she told me to expect a letter confirming that I have been approved as a sponsor, so that is great! She said she is now forwarding the file to CHC London. According to the post tracking, they received our application July 23rd, for those that are interested.

Kellie
Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future
Default Re: Phone call from Missisauga

Hi Cancov...

I'm sorry that I can't help you in anyways...i'm right behind you in the processing line at Miss.

When did you post your application? I see that your tracking said they received it on the 23rd and in another post you mentioned they started processing on the 19th?

I'm hoping that CIC are ahead of the date they are quoting on the website. They received my application on the 30th July...i'm so close I can almost touch it!!

Thanks
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

cancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jeffinthecity
Hi Cancov...

I'm sorry that I can't help you in anyways...i'm right behind you in the processing line at Miss.

When did you post your application? I see that your tracking said they received it on the 23rd and in another post you mentioned they started processing on the 19th?

I'm hoping that CIC are ahead of the date they are quoting on the website. They received my application on the 30th July...i'm so close I can almost touch it!!

Thanks
Hi there

About the dates..... I mailed the application on the 17th of July I believe, and the postal tracking thingy told me the package arrived July 23rd.

However, according to ECAS, which I am now on, it said they received the application on July 19th, and ''started processing" and "decision made" on August 27th. That is the day I got the phone call.

I got the letter confirming I was approved as a sponsor yesterday, so it took 3 days for the letter to get to me.

Yours should be any day I am thinking. How do you know they got the application on the 30th? If it is from the postal tracking service, then maybe it got there a bit earlier like in my case. Good luck in any case.

Kellie
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future

I sent my application via FedEx from work...

I was really hoping that they were processing quicker than what they are quoting on CIC webby...dam!! Oh well...we're just around the corner!

We'll be in your wake at London too!!So here's hoping we have a speedy processing time there as my savings will only carry me so far once my Bunac visa is up on the 30th Sept!

Thanks for your reply