PHEW! And last minute advice

Old Aug 27th 2010, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

worldfairy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PHEW! And last minute advice

Hey guys

I posted a couple of questions on here about LMOs recently. Well, with just four weeks to go before our visas ran out, my fiance was offered a job, we submitted the LMO two weeks ago and today, a week before our visas expire, he found out it had been approved, yey! It's skill level A on the National Occupational Classification Matrix so I should get an open work permit as his common law spouse.

Anyway, we are going to the UK for two weeks next weekend and the plan was to try and get our new work permits at POE back into Canada (with the LMO, confirmation of his medical and proof of our common law status, etc).
I wondered whether:
Anyone has done that and how it went?
Whether it's possible to do it at Pearson Airport BEFORE we fly to the UK, so we don't spend the two weeks wondering what if?

Thanks for all your advice so far
Old Aug 28th 2010, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PHEW! And last minute advice

Congratulation

Don't think you can do it before you fly out but if you have all the paperwork (LMO etc.) you can do it when you come back.
My OH got his LMO send to England and then got his TWP at POE (Ottawa) and said if you have all paperwork then it is quite easy, don't forget to take the LMO tho.

Have a look at this: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/TWP_:_...o_apply-Canada

Hope that helps

Good luck
Old Aug 28th 2010, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

worldfairy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks @Nina, we are so, so, soooooo relieved!!!

Yeah I thought it would prob have to be on the way back but I remember that when we came in for our BUNAC visas last September, that something was wrong with my fiances and he had to go back to Pearson to correct it (but not cross the boarder) so wondered if we could do the same to get a new one but, no matter, we have the LMO, yeeeeeeeeeeeey!
Old Aug 29th 2010, 3:58 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worldfairy
Thanks @Nina, we are so, so, soooooo relieved!!!

Yeah I thought it would prob have to be on the way back but I remember that when we came in for our BUNAC visas last September, that something was wrong with my fiances and he had to go back to Pearson to correct it (but not cross the boarder) so wondered if we could do the same to get a new one but, no matter, we have the LMO, yeeeeeeeeeeeey!
OH get TWP at Calgary last Sunday. With LMO and job offer letter in hand, no problems whatsoever.
Don't worry!