Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Personal history How much detail? common law family sponsership, outland london

Personal history How much detail? common law family sponsership, outland london

Old Jul 31st 2013, 4:50 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Personal history How much detail? common law family sponsership, outland london

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
If it were me, I would put each individual employer and the dates. I don't think CIC will care that they are short-term, they just want to know what you were doing and where you were. (My opinion.)

For the travel, if you just went to one country then put "Travelling, Country X". If you went to two then list both, if you went to any more then I'd just put the continent ("Travelling, South America"). In my husband's 9 month trip he went through, uh, I think 10 countries? Hence he just put "Travelling, Europe and Asia".

Again, that's just what I would do, no guarantees CIC will like it!
+1
Old Jul 31st 2013, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

poppy88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Personal history How much detail? common law family sponsership, outland london

Originally Posted by siouxie
+1
sounds good, i shorted it to just say the country, and if it was only a holiday i put the city and the country

imm5490 , sponsored questionnaire, it states if you have any relatives living in canada to put them down stating your relationship and where they live, i have an uncle and cousins living somwhere in canada, but our family has very little to do with them, and therefore do not know their address, or even the cousins surnames, they are female and now married but unsure on their new surename, should i just explain this or leave them off?
Old Jul 31st 2013, 6:03 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppy88
sounds good, i shorted it to just say the country, and if it was only a holiday i put the city and the country

imm5490 , sponsored questionnaire, it states if you have any relatives living in canada to put them down stating your relationship and where they live, i have an uncle and cousins living somwhere in canada, but our family has very little to do with them, and therefore do not know their address, or even the cousins surnames, they are female and now married but unsure on their new surename, should i just explain this or leave them off?
Do you know your Uncle's name? Do you know which Province or City he lives in? If you do, I would put it down and add 'address unknown"; similarly, with cousins, use their original name (it is not a requirement to change your name when you marry in Canada) and "address unknown" + Town/Province if you know. You can probably find them on FB, lol.

You do need to put them down. My advice to you is not to leave anything off the application that they ask for, always be honest.

When in doubt, read the application guide http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...toc.asp#3999E4