Permanent Residency - Paperwork

Old Sep 24th 2015, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

StaceyL85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Permanent Residency - Paperwork

Hi Everyone

My partner is the main applicant on our PR application.

We have had to leave Canada due to the fact our working holiday visas expired whist our permanent residency is pending. We are currently outside the country still waiting for our PR paperwork to be approved.

My question is once the PR is approved, will I need to travel back to Canada with my partner who is the main applicant or is he able to travel and activate for us both?

Many Thanks,

Stacey
Old Sep 24th 2015, 7:43 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent Residency - Paperwork

You will both need to return to activate your COPR's and gain PR status although you don't have to do it at the same time; the principal applicant must land first if you decide to do it at different times, however.

Landing as PR-Canada : British Expat Wiki

Old Sep 24th 2015, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Thank you! I am just concerned as if we travel back at different times will I need his documentation showing that I am his partner on his accepted application.

Thank you.
Old Sep 24th 2015, 8:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StaceyL85
Thank you! I am just concerned as if we travel back at different times will I need his documentation showing that I am his partner on his accepted application.

Thank you.
No, because you'll have your own COPR to 'land' with and activate PR. He must land first though, as per the Wiki article, but you can follow after if needed.

HTH.
Old Sep 24th 2015, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Ok great that's a huge help.
I will travel after, maybe 6 months later to enable me to travel a little longer before we settle in Canada.
Old Sep 24th 2015, 9:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Ok great that's a huge help.
I will travel after, maybe 6 months later to enable me to travel a little longer before we settle in Canada.
Sounds like a plan, as long as it's within the year of the date of your medical - that's the deadline.

Your partner will need to show proof of funds etc when he lands, but do take it as well just in case you get asked for it. Info is in the Wiki article above about what you need to take when landing.

Best of luck.
Old Sep 25th 2015, 8:00 am
Just Joined

I've been having a read over the wiki article and that's very helpful.

Just to confirm (sorry for sounding stupid) I just like to be 100% clear. These are the guidelines for PNP?

Thanks

Stacey
Old Sep 25th 2015, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I've been having a read over the wiki article and that's very helpful.

Just to confirm (sorry for sounding stupid) I just like to be 100% clear. These are the guidelines for PNP?

Thanks

Stacey
No thats for all landings under any stream when issued with COPR forms.
Old Sep 27th 2015, 9:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yep, as FL has said, it's for any economic stream landing, so definitely applies to PNP (as well as FSW, CEC, etc).