Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Permanent Residency Application Refused

Permanent Residency Application Refused

Old May 16th 2012, 5:17 am
  #1  
Calgary Since Sep 2011
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 19
Picklepopps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Permanent Residency Application Refused

I had disappointing news on Monday, that our PR application has been refused. I had applied for FSW as a welder who has 6 years experience with all forms of Laser manufacturing as covered under the Welder title. I had references, qualifications and even a BSc based on Laser welding, not to mention over 10 years with other forms of welding.

We originally applied November 2009.

Our immigration agents have written to CIC for an explanation as to the refusal. I couldn't have been more precise and honest with my application.

The response was pretty much " We don't consider you to be a welder, case closed, refund on its way"

We are re-submitting immediately as we feel really hard done by considering all the hard work, time, money and sacrifices invested in pursuing our move

More costs required as we now have to renew our Police Clearances (for the fourth time) and have to undertake an ENGLISH TEST?????
$250 each - for Christ's sake , come on.

On the plus side we have been in Calgary now since Sept 2011, now on a new two year work permit in parallel to our PR application.
We (wife and 2 young children) made the decision to come on long holiday, to attend interviews and also for my wife to finish her Midwifery bridging program. We applied for a study, and open work permit before we left the UK

We absolutely love it here in Calgary and pleased we explored the other options rather than just waiting for the PR to arrive, as it hasn't, yet!
Picklepopps is offline  
Old May 16th 2012, 3:30 pm
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,746
Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent Residency Application Refused

Originally Posted by Picklepopps
I had disappointing news on Monday, that our PR application has been refused. I had applied for FSW as a welder who has 6 years experience with all forms of Laser manufacturing as covered under the Welder title. I had references, qualifications and even a BSc based on Laser welding, not to mention over 10 years with other forms of welding.

We originally applied November 2009.

Our immigration agents have written to CIC for an explanation as to the refusal. I couldn't have been more precise and honest with my application.

The response was pretty much " We don't consider you to be a welder, case closed, refund on its way"

We are re-submitting immediately as we feel really hard done by considering all the hard work, time, money and sacrifices invested in pursuing our move

More costs required as we now have to renew our Police Clearances (for the fourth time) and have to undertake an ENGLISH TEST?????
$250 each - for Christ's sake , come on.

On the plus side we have been in Calgary now since Sept 2011, now on a new two year work permit in parallel to our PR application.
We (wife and 2 young children) made the decision to come on long holiday, to attend interviews and also for my wife to finish her Midwifery bridging program. We applied for a study, and open work permit before we left the UK

We absolutely love it here in Calgary and pleased we explored the other options rather than just waiting for the PR to arrive, as it hasn't, yet!
Have you thought of applying via AINP? that's what we are in the process of doing.

I am pretty sure (not 100% but pretty sure) that your employer if you apply this way can vouch for your English abilities so you don't have to take the IETLS test (the English one).

You also find out in a short time (current processing time is they are stating 4 weeks) if you are accepted onto the scheme.... takes the weight of future needs for LMO's etc.

Hope this helps
Geordie Lass is offline  
Old May 16th 2012, 9:37 pm
  #3  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 34,122
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent Residency Application Refused

Don't re-submit as FSW cat 1 now, whatever you do! The quota for 2012 has been met, so you'd pay for your IELTS, new police check, etc, only to have your application sent back again.

If you want to reapply as a FSW, you'll need to wait until after 1st July and see if welders are still on 'the list' of eligible occupations, or alternatively apply as FSW cat 2 using your work permit.

As an aside, a lot of people have been rejected recently, with the same reason, and are asking for their application to be put back in to processing. If you believe that you submitted enough proof that you definitely do the 'main duties' listed under the welder NOC code (i.e. your references outlined those duties and they matched), and the opening paragraph of the NOC code too, then it's definitely worth a try.

Or as Geordie Lass has said, look at the AB PNP as that could be a good optin for you and you could apply straight away. But I'd definitely try writing to CIC and asking them to put your application back in to processing if you are 100% sure you submitted a watertight case of doing those duties though.

Good luck.

christmasoompa is offline  
Old May 17th 2012, 1:45 am
  #4  
Calgary Since Sep 2011
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 19
Picklepopps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Permanent Residency Application Refused

Thanks for your reply. The AB PNP option is the better way to go as we already have a work permit and don't intend to work outside Alberta.

The fact that both my wife and I are working and living in Calgary for.six months now has been overlooked. I clearly documented my experience as a 'welder' along with references butthis also has been ignored.

We have used a so called recommended immigration agent whose name I shall hold back for now as we are not impressed with their service , advising us to start again with the FSW approach.
The agent had known about our refusal since 24 April and have only just informed us after unofficially appealing to the CIC without our knowledge. There are 60 says to.appeal (we've been told) and we've already lost 20 days if we choose to.appeal.
Picklepopps is offline  
Old May 17th 2012, 3:33 am
  #5  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 34,122
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent Residency Application Refused

Originally Posted by Picklepopps
The fact that both my wife and I are working and living in Calgary for.six months now has been overlooked. I clearly documented my experience as a 'welder' along with references butthis also has been ignored.
Did you apply under cat 1 or cat 2?

Originally Posted by Picklepopps
We have used a so called recommended immigration agent whose name I shall hold back for now as we are not impressed with their service , advising us to start again with the FSW approach.
The agent had known about our refusal since 24 April and have only just informed us after unofficially appealing to the CIC without our knowledge. There are 60 says to.appeal (we've been told) and we've already lost 20 days if we choose to.appeal.
Feel free to name them if you wish, we often tell newbies to search the forums for the names of consultants they are considering using, to see what's been said about them in the past, so it may just help others in the future. Most immigration consultants are great, but unfortunately there are a few that crop up on the forum time and time again and who are regularly slated on here!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, as I said above I'd definitely try to get your app put back in to processing if you're sure you have a good case, which would save you having to do a whole new PNP application.

christmasoompa is offline  
Old May 17th 2012, 4:10 am
  #6  
Calgary Since Sep 2011
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 19
Picklepopps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Permanent Residency Application Refused

The immigration agency we have used are Brazolot Migration. Lots of information has been come to light recently about court cases and abuse of company funds compounded with constant miss information has really put us off and wouldn't recommend them.
Picklepopps is offline  
Old May 17th 2012, 5:48 am
  #7  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 34,122
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent Residency Application Refused

Originally Posted by Picklepopps
The immigration agency we have used are Brazolot Migration. Lots of information has been come to light recently about court cases and abuse of company funds compounded with constant miss information has really put us off and wouldn't recommend them.
Ah, ok. Unfortunately they are one of the aforementioned companies that have v bad reviews on here - shame you didn't find BE before you signed up with them!

Were you cat 1 or cat 2?
christmasoompa is offline  
Old May 17th 2012, 6:01 am
  #8  
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 6,609
AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent Residency Application Refused

Originally Posted by Picklepopps
Thanks for your reply. The AB PNP option is the better way to go as we already have a work permit and don't intend to work outside Alberta.

The fact that both my wife and I are working and living in Calgary for.six months now has been overlooked. I clearly documented my experience as a 'welder' along with references butthis also has been ignored.

We have used a so called recommended immigration agent whose name I shall hold back for now as we are not impressed with their service , advising us to start again with the FSW approach.
The agent had known about our refusal since 24 April and have only just informed us after unofficially appealing to the CIC without our knowledge. There are 60 says to.appeal (we've been told) and we've already lost 20 days if we choose to.appeal.
If your Consultants are based in Canada, there will have been a delay on them receiving the letter - so if the letter is dated 24th April, they may have only just received it - it generally takes a few weeks to get out here.

TBH it is pointless e-mailing CIC asking why (though I would ask to see the proof of this discussion between your immigration consultant and CIC).

If you feel they are wrong, your consultant should appeal on your behalf, stating the reasons why CIC are in the wrong.
AmyDavid is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.