Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Peoples experiance if the Right of Permanent Residence Fee not paid upfront

Peoples experiance if the Right of Permanent Residence Fee not paid upfront

Old Sep 30th 2010, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

blue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to all
Default Peoples experiance if the Right of Permanent Residence Fee not paid upfront

Have received an email today asking for the RPRF to be paid before they continue to process the fee now this was unwittingly omitted by the OH when the other fee's were paid. just read on the CiC site

If you pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee at the same time you pay the processing fees, it will facilitate processing as we will not have to contact you later. If you do not do so, you will be asked to pay this fee when we are ready to issue the permanent resident visa. Failure to pay the fee at the time of submission of the application will result in a minimum additional two-month delay in the finalization of the application

So it sounds like the decision and it would have been a PPR email had the RPRF been paid upfront. However because the fee unwittingly wasn't paid up front I'm going to have a 2 month delay.

Can people please share there experience of this with me as I have read one or two posts where people have said it only delayed things by a couple of weeks not months.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

quietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nice
Default Re: Peoples experiance if the Right of Permanent Residence Fee not paid upfront

Well they requested my fee at the same time they requested my NZ police clearance. Coupled together I got the decision made/PPR email 4 weeks later.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 4:37 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Peoples experiance if the Right of Permanent Residence Fee not paid upfront

Spousal cases are processed quite quickly so I would pay the fee now and expect a passport request for visa issuance soon after.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

blue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to all

Originally Posted by quietgiroth
Well they requested my fee at the same time they requested my NZ police clearance. Coupled together I got the decision made/PPR email 4 weeks later.
Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Spousal cases are processed quite quickly so I would pay the fee now and expect a passport request for visa issuance soon after.
Thank you both, that make me feel better. Wife paid the fee first thing this morning and has faxed a copy to CIC London and set a copy to Mississauga next day delivery , so fingers crossed. Thanks again to both of you for sharing your knowledge and experience.

Jim, I presume that as they have requested this payment and no other docs then the decision has already been made?
Old Sep 30th 2010, 6:16 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The decision depends only on background and medical results. There is no labour market "selection" so the process is quicker and if you have been living only in the UK there is no slow process. They have the medical the background check is straightforward to so you should hear shortly.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

We're at the same stage. Our request for the Permanent Residence Fee came last week. We paid online and sent the receipt to Mississauga and to London. No other documents were requested. Hopefully my husband gets his passport request soon.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Allie73
We're at the same stage. Our request for the Permanent Residence Fee came last week. We paid online and sent the receipt to Mississauga and to London. No other documents were requested. Hopefully my husband gets his passport request soon.
Looks like we are on a similar time line - im a week behind so hopefully we will all have something to celebrate sometime soon, but a week apart
Old Sep 30th 2010, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't for the life of me remember why we didn't pay the PR Fee upfront.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

I can't for the life of me remember why we didn't pay the PR Fee upfront.
You prob fell into the same trap as my dear wife, an unintentional over-site because of the lay out of the form.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

My husband got his passport request today!!!!
Old Oct 1st 2010, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

My husband got his passport request today!!!!
Awesome hopefully means ill get mine late next week as im 7 days behind you, fingers crossed
Old Oct 6th 2010, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

Well, all that worry, I got my PPR today, it only caused a 6 day delay.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

That's great news!
Old Oct 7th 2010, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Alanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant future

Hi,

I got a letter from London yesterday and they require the PR Fee (which I think is $490 per person?). Someone mentioned they paid this online? Does anyone know if this is possible if you are applying through the London office as a FSW from the 'old' 2007 queue?

I was going to send a bankers draft with a letter.. As the link they gave me doesn't work (404 error) and i'm unsure if there is specific form.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alanandson
Hi,

I got a letter from London yesterday and they require the PR Fee (which I think is $490 per person?). Someone mentioned they paid this online? Does anyone know if this is possible if you are applying through the London office as a FSW from the 'old' 2007 queue?

I was going to send a bankers draft with a letter.. As the link they gave me doesn't work (404 error) and i'm unsure if there is specific form.
Sorry I don't know how FSW works, my request had to be paid by my sponsor to Mississauga.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.