Payments and Receipt???

Old Jun 17th 2011, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

annibg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Payments and Receipt???

Hello,

Ok - I am Canadian ... born in Canada - and my husband is British ... born in England. We were married in Canada, but have been living together in England for the last 3 years. We have just submitted our application for my husband under the Spousal Sponsership route. Because we are both living outside of Canada right now, we were unable to pay the fee online and had to get a bank draft and send it with our application to London. We sent the package with the payment and the application a week ago today via first class registered post. We have heard nothing back and have no receipt or anything like that ... so we can't track it online to make sure it has arrived or anything. We have looked all over the web sites and can't find a way to talk to anyone at the Canadian embassy or anything else like that. Any suggestions on how we make sure the money and application isn't lost??? Does this happen often???

Thanks!
Old Jun 17th 2011, 8:39 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Payments and Receipt???

Hi

Originally Posted by annibg
Hello,

Ok - I am Canadian ... born in Canada - and my husband is British ... born in England. We were married in Canada, but have been living together in England for the last 3 years. We have just submitted our application for my husband under the Spousal Sponsership route. Because we are both living outside of Canada right now, we were unable to pay the fee online and had to get a bank draft and send it with our application to London. We sent the package with the payment and the application a week ago today via first class registered post. We have heard nothing back and have no receipt or anything like that ... so we can't track it online to make sure it has arrived or anything. We have looked all over the web sites and can't find a way to talk to anyone at the Canadian embassy or anything else like that. Any suggestions on how we make sure the money and application isn't lost??? Does this happen often???

Thanks!
1. Well you could have paid it on line using a credit card, as your sponsorship and the application go to Mississauga. I assume you sent the package to Mississauga.
2. You wont receive anything other than either approval/refusal for the sponsorship from Mississauga until after 42 days. They open and process the application on the same day.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

annibg is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok. Now i am really worried. The web site wouldn't let us pay by credit card from outside of Canada. And it said to send our application to London because we were both living outside of Canada. .... We read and reread all those sections. We understood that London sent the application to Mississauga. What can we do???
Old Jun 18th 2011, 5:19 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by annibg
Ok. Now i am really worried. The web site wouldn't let us pay by credit card from outside of Canada. And it said to send our application to London because we were both living outside of Canada. .... We read and reread all those sections. We understood that London sent the application to Mississauga. What can we do???

You can expect your application to be returned. You must have misread the instructions as all outside Canada spousal applications go to Mississauga for evaluation of the sponsorship and then they send the application to the overseas processing office, in your case London.