Payment method

Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

welshgirl122 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Payment method

Hey, me again

Now i am confused!

To pay for my application, i was going to fill out the form which i printed off with the application package, and put my mastercard details on that and send it with the forms to Nova Scotia. However, do i need to pay for it on the internet and print the reciept off instead? Which do i do? I am applying for skilled worker.

Again, thankyou
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Payment method

You can't pay on the internet for a FSW application, so you just complete the payment form.

HTH.

Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

I am a pain in the bum i know, but do people tend to include cover letters? i barely have enough points, so wanted to try and show them why i think i can establish myself!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshgirl122
I am a pain in the bum i know, but do people tend to include cover letters? i barely have enough points, so wanted to try and show them why i think i can establish myself!
Some people do, some don't. I did, but we needed to explain a couple of things on our forms so just used it for that.

If you have enough points, then you are eligible, so don't worry about that - people with 80+ points don't get more consideration that those with just 67.

How many points have you got and are you 100% sure of them?
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

I have 66 points, but before you say its not enough, i know lol. I am applying as a registered nurse and was going to say in the cover letter that i am continuing to work as a cardiology nurse, which means i am continually gaining experience. If i was to have 2 years or more, i would have 68 points, but i only have 18 months at the moment, so just hoping they will consider me!!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

But the minimum is 67 - if you have less you will just be rejected! You can ask that they use 'substituted evaluation' but that's usually only for exceptional circumstances and I can't see how it would apply in this case from what you've said so far.

Up to you and if you're prepared to risk losing the application fees etc I guess though, but tbh can't see how you're eligible at the moment. Done a quick points tot up and seems you're not claiming points for a Canadian relative, but you say in your profile that you have family there - so would they not count for the 5 points?
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

My points are-
20 for education (even though i did 3 years in uni and 2 in college)
16 for language ability
15 for work experience
10 for age
0 for employment
5 for family/adaptability

= 66 points How did u get more?
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

I would wait until next year when i have more points, but im worried that even if my NOC code for registered nurses is on this year, it wont be next year, so i really do not want to miss this opportunity!

I dont even know if i can apply now yet until the new list is up, so its all just wait and see!!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:38 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by welshgirl122
I would wait until next year when i have more points, but im worried that even if my NOC code for registered nurses is on this year, it wont be next year, so i really do not want to miss this opportunity!

I dont even know if i can apply now yet until the new list is up, so its all just wait and see!!
1. If you apply now with 66 points, your application will be refused as well you can't apply as RNs has reached it's cap.
2. Very good chance that Nurses will be on the list after 01/07/11, so you wait until you have 67 points.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

You're right, sorry, it is 66. I must have included your relative for points after all.

How about learning French - quick intensive residential course in France maybe? What relatives do you have in Canada and what province are they in?
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

I was waiting for the new cap to come in to apply this july, but you have made me think! I was been a bit naive before thinking i would get away with 66 points, but i will just keep my fingers crossed then and hope nursing will be on the NOC list for July 2012. My Ielts test lasts 2 years, so i suppose all i will have wasted for this year is my anticipation of the new NOC list and my excitment of going over to Canada.

I will continue to gain experience, and by next year, i will defineately have 68 points!! I am so glad you guys made me realise that it is a waste of applying now! I will just have to explain all this to my family and friends!

x
Old Jun 21st 2011, 8:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

You may well find that you can apply as soon as you've done 2 years to give you the extra points you need - the cap may not have been reached. Fingers crossed for you that it's not been.