Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Paying your fees by bankers draft and tracking your progress

Wikiposts

Paying your fees by bankers draft and tracking your progress

Old Jul 8th 2010, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Paying your fees by bankers draft and tracking your progress

We tried a dozen times to pay online and we kept getting a message that said that because we were not in Canada, we could not proceed. I wish I had found this forum before that happened so I could have asked because the instruction book and the website said we could pay online. We eventually gave up and got a banker's draft in Canadian funds. Am I correct in assuming that we have no way to track our progress and now just have to wait for a letter to come in the mail, whenever that might be?
Old Jul 8th 2010, 5:58 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paying your fees by bankers draft and tracking your progress

Hi

Originally Posted by Allie73
We tried a dozen times to pay online and we kept getting a message that said that because we were not in Canada, we could not proceed. I wish I had found this forum before that happened so I could have asked because the instruction book and the website said we could pay online. We eventually gave up and got a banker's draft in Canadian funds. Am I correct in assuming that we have no way to track our progress and now just have to wait for a letter to come in the mail, whenever that might be?
You could have paid on line. If yours is a spousal application, you probably were selecting London (or another visa office) rather than Mississauga where your sponsorship and application would go. If it was FSW you select Sydney. But it appears you have solved your problem.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Allie73
I'm in the same position, I sent them a bank draft from my Canadian Scotiabank account.

I did actually write a case specific e-mail to CHC last week asking if they'd received and cashed my bank draft .....no reply yet
Old Jul 8th 2010, 7:11 am
887 lb pumpkin

flipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by humanist
I'm in the same position, I sent them a bank draft from my Canadian Scotiabank account.

I did actually write a case specific e-mail to CHC last week asking if they'd received and cashed my bank draft .....no reply yet
It might be quicker to ask your bank when it was cashed.