British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Paying for WP from UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/paying-wp-uk-780396/)

Stich Dec 12th 2012 12:19 pm

Paying for WP from UK

Hi all, can anyone please verify how to pay for a work permit, it states $150 or £100 but then states to pay in bank draft or postal order in Canadian dollar.....but I didnt know if you could get a british postal order in Canadian dollars or am I way off the mark here. So confusing:o

christmasoompa Dec 12th 2012 12:23 pm

Re: Paying for WP from UK

You can get a CAD bank draft from any bank.

Alternatively, is there any reason you aren't just getting your TWP at the airport when you arrive? Much easier and quicker!

HTH.

Stich Dec 12th 2012 12:34 pm

The company my OH has got a job with has asked him to apply in the UK along with completing all the other documents for us.

Maybe you could answer some other issues we have please?

If we (the kids & I) are not coming out straight away, but will be visiting OH in May then moving out July, do we put a tick in the YES box that we are accompanying my OH to Canada or in the NO box because we are coming out later?

thanks.

steve33scotland Dec 12th 2012 7:24 pm

I was about to ask the same question, but I guess that kind of answers things for me.
I did think about doing the work permit as I enter the country at the airport, however I have a massive fear doing it that way, as long as I have a positive LMO is it as simple as you say ? Does it take long and what does it entail, I just worry that they say no, there is me with my partner, and 3 kids, sorry, your not getting in :)

Any feedback you can give on this process would be greatly appreciated, many thanks in advance.

Former Lancastrian Dec 13th 2012 6:10 am

Originally Posted by steve33scotland (Post 10430109)
I was about to ask the same question, but I guess that kind of answers things for me.
I did think about doing the work permit as I enter the country at the airport, however I have a massive fear doing it that way, as long as I have a positive LMO is it as simple as you say ? Does it take long and what does it entail, I just worry that they say no, there is me with my partner, and 3 kids, sorry, your not getting in :)

Any feedback you can give on this process would be greatly appreciated, many thanks in advance.

Unless you dont qualify for the job as stated in the LMO and are not inadmissible for other reasons such as criminality, health or financial reasons then the TWP at a POE is a simple enough procedure. Present the positive LMO and contract if in possession of it or any documentation showing you are qualified for the job. Pay the $150 and basically thats it.
Unless HRSDC cancel the LMO or the BSO suspects you are not qualified for the job then no reason to worry. Yes a positive LMO can be refused but thats usually because the applicant lied about qualifications or is inadmissible for other reasons.

Mikeypm Dec 13th 2012 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 10430828)
Unless you dont qualify for the job as stated in the LMO and are not inadmissible for other reasons such as criminality, health or financial reasons then the TWP at a POE is a simple enough procedure. Present the positive LMO and contract if in possession of it or any documentation showing you are qualified for the job. Pay the $150 and basically thats it.
Unless HRSDC cancel the LMO or the BSO suspects you are not qualified for the job then no reason to worry. Yes a positive LMO can be refused but thats usually because the applicant lied about qualifications or is inadmissible for other reasons.

So you only really need copy contract, LMO and proof of funds then?