Paying RPRF - help! Im confused..

Old Jun 1st 2008, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Paying RPRF - help! Im confused..

Hello everyone,

A quick question that has probably been answered time and time before, so I apologise if im asking the obvious:

Ive had my med requests, had medical done no problem, but the with this was a request for me to pay my Right of permanant residence fee (RPRF) 490 CAD. Ive spoken to my bank who can arrange a bankers draft for me but....

Ive looked on the CHC website and it states:

Payable to "The reciever general of Canada" - no problem
But.....it also says
"The name of the Canadian bank that will pay the Receiver General for Canada will be written on the cheque."

- Do I have to find out the name of the Canadian bank so I can write this on the cheque?

Also ive applied through London, do I just send this bankers draft with a covering letter to the standard mailing address.

I would appreciate anyones help on this - I payed my initial fees throught my Lawyer - but they are a bit half soaked, and not very helpful so thought I would pay this fee direct to the CHC.

Thanks

Paul

Last edited by Paul_Shepherd; Jun 1st 2008 at 1:28 am. Reason: deleted a sentence on end of post
Old Jun 1st 2008, 2:19 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Paying RPRF - help! Im confused..

Your lawyer didn't tell you how to pay the fees?

As long as you tell your bank that you need draft in CAD, drawn on bank in Canada and made payable to "The Receiver General for Canada" then you don't need to worry about the rest.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 2:32 am
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light

I just paid online with a credit card, is this not an option for you?
Old Jun 1st 2008, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Your lawyer didn't tell you how to pay the fees?

As long as you tell your bank that you need draft in CAD, drawn on bank in Canada and made payable to "The Receiver General for Canada" then you don't need to worry about the rest.
Hello Andrew,

No to be perfectly honest - im not impressed with my lawyer at all, after completion and checking of the initial forms they have been of little use.

Ok thanks for that Andrew - I will speak to my bank.

And I mail it to London CHC?

Thanks

Paul
Old Jun 1st 2008, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sheadboy
I just paid online with a credit card, is this not an option for you?
Hello Sheadboy

I did look into doing it like that, but apparently you cant to that from the UK, only from within Canada.

Did you pay yours from the UK?

Paul
Old Jun 1st 2008, 3:03 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Online payments can only be done in cases listed here:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/epayweb/...ts.do?list=imm
Old Jun 4th 2008, 6:25 pm
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Hello Sheadboy

I did look into doing it like that, but apparently you cant to that from the UK, only from within Canada.

Did you pay yours from the UK?

Paul
yeah I paid mine from the UK. but mine was a spousal app. if you DO pay online be sure to save and print off the official receipt, then you just need to send that off.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sheadboy
yeah I paid mine from the UK. but mine was a spousal app. if you DO pay online be sure to save and print off the official receipt, then you just need to send that off.
Thanks sheadboy..

mine is skilled worker....just me, so dont think I can do that, but I went to my bank earlier this week and explained what I needed....what they gave me (after ordering it) looks as tho it will do the trick! so sent that off yesterday!

Paul
Old Jun 4th 2008, 7:41 pm
Job Hunting in Ottawa

good luck Paul!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

RGPickles will become famous soon enoughRGPickles will become famous soon enough

Paul

I went through this a few weeks back.
Picking up my VISA today, so can't spend time, but will get back to you
by Saturday.

(in a hurry)

Bob
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by RGPickles
Paul

I went through this a few weeks back.
Picking up my VISA today, so can't spend time, but will get back to you
by Saturday.

(in a hurry)

Bob

Bob,

I think I may be ok now.... I hope... I explained to my bank and the bankers draught they gave me had a reference to a Canadian bank on it, and said ie the bank which is Barclays "please draw from our account held with yourselves" so I think thats done the trick - I hope so!

I'd be interested if that was the way you did it too.

Cheers

Paul

PS Good luck collecting the visa and congratulations!