Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Paying fees online if outside Canada?

Paying fees online if outside Canada?

Old Mar 19th 2012, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Debbieken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Paying fees online if outside Canada?

Hi everyone,

I was just about to do the last thing for our application - pay our fees online when I realised it didn't say for applications OUTSIDE Canada. All I could find online was inside Canada fees

is this right? If so, do I pay the following?

Applicants will be required to pay all processing fees in Canadian dollars (payment amounts can be found on this processing fee page) and must pay the exact Canadian dollar amount. Please note that all additional bank charges must be paid by the payee/applicant.

Applicant's are required to submit with their application a copy of the payment receipt which should indicate the payee, amount and date of the transaction. Failure to provide this information will result in your application being returned unprocessed. The Canadian High Commission website in Canada talks about submissions dropped off to their office etc but our application needs to be sent to Mississauga so I'm confused. Do I do an online payment from our bank account to the below account or can I pay online?

Direct Deposit information is as follows:

Bank: Barclays Bank
Account Name: Canadian HC CIC Revenue
Sort Code: 206759
Acct No: 44175200
Account Type: $CAD
IBAN: GB82 BARC 2067 5944 1752 00
SWIFTBIC BARCGB22
Old Mar 19th 2012, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Deficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Paying fees online if outside Canada?

I was puzzled by this too. I ended up just paying the fees in the 'Family Class' section which are the same amount as the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada fees.

My logic went like this:

When you go into the page that has the forms for the outland spousal application, it is headed up Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class
And if you go into the page that has the forms for the inland spousal application, it is headed up Application for Permanent Residence from within Canada – Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class

I think those headings correspond to the way the fees are categorised on fee page, so I paid the Family Class fees. Hopefully that makes sense. But so long as you paid the right total amount, $1040, I don't think it would matter much?

So yes, you can pay online. When you complete the payment process you'll get a receipt to print out and you'll fill that out with the relevant details and enclose that with your application that you send to Mississauga.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 10:46 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Debbieken
Hi everyone,

I was just about to do the last thing for our application - pay our fees online when I realised it didn't say for applications OUTSIDE Canada. All I could find online was inside Canada fees

is this right? If so, do I pay the following?

Applicants will be required to pay all processing fees in Canadian dollars (payment amounts can be found on this processing fee page) and must pay the exact Canadian dollar amount. Please note that all additional bank charges must be paid by the payee/applicant.

Applicant's are required to submit with their application a copy of the payment receipt which should indicate the payee, amount and date of the transaction. Failure to provide this information will result in your application being returned unprocessed. The Canadian High Commission website in Canada talks about submissions dropped off to their office etc but our application needs to be sent to Mississauga so I'm confused. Do I do an online payment from our bank account to the below account or can I pay online?

Direct Deposit information is as follows:

Bank: Barclays Bank
Account Name: Canadian HC CIC Revenue
Sort Code: 206759
Acct No: 44175200
Account Type: $CAD
IBAN: GB82 BARC 2067 5944 1752 00
SWIFTBIC BARCGB22

1. Read the instructions. Only applicants in the Nordic countries can us direct deposit, I assume you aren't.
2. If you have a credit card you pay your fees on line to Mississauga. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp
3. If you don't want to pay on line, then you will have to get a DD and payable to bank in Canada and enclose it with your application.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Debbieken is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks SOOOO much, was losing will to live trying to figure it out! x
Old Mar 19th 2012, 11:56 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Debbieken, of all of the adventure of getting to Canada we found the paying bit the very worst! The blasted site just wouldn't let me pay online. It accepted the payment three times but wouldn't spit out areceipt. Very best of luck.

Last edited by MillieF; Mar 19th 2012 at 11:57 pm. Reason: Typo