Paying the fees

Old May 26th 2004, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

MadHatters will become famous soon enoughMadHatters will become famous soon enough
Default Paying the fees

I am about to send my documents and I would like to know how to send the application fee (I think it is 400 can$).

Do I need to send a money order in US$?
Do I need to do the current exchange myself?
Do I need to send 400 US$ or what?

thanks

Mad Hatters
Old May 26th 2004, 2:10 am
mickj

Default Re: Paying the fees

There is a section on the website, in pdf format that tells you how to go about paying the fees.

Originally posted by MadHatters
I am about to send my documents and I would like to know how to send the application fee (I think it is 400 can$).

thanks

Mad Hatters

Last edited by mickj; May 26th 2004 at 2:49 am.

Old May 26th 2004, 2:46 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

thanks

Mad Hatters
IIRC you need a Bankers Draft in Canadian funds made payable to "Receiver General of Canada"

Do not send cash, Do not use $US, Do not pass go, Do not collect $200

Iain
Old May 26th 2004, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

MadHatters will become famous soon enoughMadHatters will become famous soon enough

Yes, It says that I need to send a money order. But my questions is the type of currency. Can$ or US$? Do I need to do the exchenge myself?

thanks

Originally posted by mickj
There is a section on the website, in pdf format that tells you how to go about paying the fees.
Old May 26th 2004, 3:19 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, It says that I need to send a money order. But my questions is the type of currency. Can$ or US$? Do I need to do the exchenge myself?

thanks
Canadian funds only. The bank will do the exchange based on the current rate, plus their pound of flesh.

Iain
Old May 26th 2004, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

NoGreenYet is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks
Here is the link about fees. You can pay either CAD or USD but don't do exchange rate conversion. If you cannot open the page, let me know. Hope it helps.

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/can-am/...at=68&did=1261
Old May 26th 2004, 3:23 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally posted by NoGreenYet
Here is the link about fees. You can pay either CAD or USD but don't do exchange rate conversion. If you cannot open the page, let me know. Hope it helps.

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/can-am/...at=68&did=1261
Sorry I guess i assumed ( I know, never assume.....) the question was related to applying through CHC london. Each visa post has its own rules.

link for CHC london is...
http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/fees/e_fees.htm

Iain

Last edited by iaink; May 26th 2004 at 3:38 am.
Old May 26th 2004, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

prodigyking will become famous soon enough

thanks

Mad Hatters
Sometimes I wander what are these people thinking? I mean all forms and instructions are pretty straight forward. Why do people have so much trouble with formalities.

This probably explains the long timelines that people experience. If you have trouble figuring out how to pay the fees, most likely you won't make it at all in this application process. Even a lawyer wouldn't be able to help you.....

Good luck!
Old May 26th 2004, 4:48 am
mickj

Lack of research, no fact-finding missions, and assumptions, as you can see for yourself !

Originally posted by prodigyking
Sometimes I wander what are these people thinking? I mean all forms and instructions are pretty straight forward. Why do people have so much trouble with formalities.

This probably explains the long timelines that people experience. If you have trouble figuring out how to pay the fees, most likely you won't make it at all in this application process. Even a lawyer wouldn't be able to help you.....

Good luck!

Old Sep 9th 2004, 8:20 am
Photographer and climber

BaldCoder has a brilliant futureBaldCoder has a brilliant futureBaldCoder has a brilliant futureBaldCoder has a brilliant futureBaldCoder has a brilliant futureBaldCoder has a brilliant future

At last!

For all those completing an Application to send to London and are wondering who to make the Bankers Draft payable to then visit this link. It is...

"The Receiver General of Canada"

Thanks,

Originally Posted by iaink
Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:24 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Originally Posted by BaldCoder
At last!

For all those completing an Application to send to London and are wondering who to make the Bankers Draft payable to then visit this link. It is...

"The Receiver General of Canada"

Thanks,
It is the Receiver General for Canada. I'm sure they'd still take your money, but you can't be too careful...