Patience....

Old May 27th 2004, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

LadyTyger will become famous soon enough
Default Patience....

Hello All,

I am just wondering about my application for PR.

My story is that I came here in Jan 2002 after meeting my husband online. It wasn't until 10 months later when we decided to marry, although we weren't looking to do this so soon. (All my friends and family are back in Blighty so we intend to have a big wedding once I have "settled" here properly) We were advised by an Immigration adviser that if I wish to remain here, we should be married as there was a limit as to the amount of times a visitor's visa is renewed.

Now the thing is, we foolishly misplaced our Marriage Certificate (MC) and have since mailed off to Thunder Bay for a copy-told online that there is a 16 week delay period for this....it's fine I have become very patient since arriving here I believe we mailed it out in early Jan, if not late Jan 2004 and are still awaiting. Now, my application has been sent off around the same time (obviously w/o my MC, as we were advised by agents at CIC that we can forward that later as I was worried my forms may be returned)
Everything is in order re my application, medical receipts, police certificate, et al.

I just wanted to know if the MC will halt the process of my application.....it would make sense...just want piece of mind really

I also could have kicked myself in the backside as I foolishly misplaced my receipt for the forms so I can not check the status online......ah well what can you do?

Will be most grateful for any advice you can offer me.

----Never fall for a tennis player, love means nothing to them----

Last edited by LadyTyger; May 27th 2004 at 2:02 pm.
Old May 27th 2004, 3:17 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Patience....

THe first thing I would suggest is that you create a file for yourself and put every important document in it! When your replacement marriage certificate arrive you can send it in to the Vegreville CPC giving them your full name and date of birth so that they can locate your file. Processing has been slow laely so do not expect to hear anything for about 6 to 8 months. You could try calling the CIC call centre to see whether they might give you the file number, but that is unlikely.
Jim Humphries, former visa officer
Originally posted by LadyTyger
Hello All,

I am just wondering about my application for PR.

My story is that I came here in Jan 2002 after meeting my husband online. It wasn't until 10 months later when we decided to marry, although we weren't looking to do this so soon. (All my friends and family are back in Blighty so we intend to have a big wedding once I have "settled" here properly) We were advised by an Immigration adviser that if I wish to remain here, we should be married as there was a limit as to the amount of times a visitor's visa is renewed.

Now the thing is, we foolishly misplaced our Marriage Certificate (MC) and have since mailed off to Thunder Bay for a copy-told online that there is a 16 week delay period for this....it's fine I have become very patient since arriving here I believe we mailed it out in early Jan, if not late Jan 2004 and are still awaiting. Now, my application has been sent off around the same time (obviously w/o my MC, as we were advised by agents at CIC that we can forward that later as I was worried my forms may be returned)
Everything is in order re my application, medical receipts, police certificate, et al.

I just wanted to know if the MC will halt the process of my application.....it would make sense...just want piece of mind really

I also could have kicked myself in the backside as I foolishly misplaced my receipt for the forms so I can not check the status online......ah well what can you do?

Will be most grateful for any advice you can offer me.

----Never fall for a tennis player, love means nothing to them----
Old May 27th 2004, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

LadyTyger will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Patience....

Originally posted by Jim Humphries
THe first thing I would suggest is that you create a file for yourself and put every important document in it! When your replacement marriage certificate arrive you can send it in to the Vegreville CPC giving them your full name and date of birth so that they can locate your file. Processing has been slow laely so do not expect to hear anything for about 6 to 8 months. You could try calling the CIC call centre to see whether they might give you the file number, but that is unlikely.
Jim Humphries, former visa officer

Thanks very much for your advice Mr Humphries.
Hmm ok there is a delay...didn't think it would take so long but hey, all in good time I guess.