Which Path?? HELP!!

Old Jul 18th 2005, 6:25 am
Just Joined

cpj79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which Path?? HELP!!

Hi,

I am having a problem getting my head around this whole Canadian process!! If there is anyone out there that can throw some ideas/new light/ or help us in anyway, please read on....!

I am from the uk and recently married to a Canadian, We have been going out 1 1/2 years and married for 6 months now, her visa for the uk runs out in Jan 2006, we are hoping to return to Canadian so she can continue her to study. I am hoping to move to Canada with her. The problem is when it comes to a visa which is the best option?

She is not in a Financial postion to support me, however her mother has agreed to support me/us over there until we are settled, however i am not in a great financial postion due to the fact that i have finshed university (lovely student debts!!). We are not really in a postion to hire a firm to process the visa for us and we can not afford to get this wrong! Is it wise to go to Canada and apply for a PR Visa when i land? or process the visa over here?? and risk being apart for a few months ( i option i don't really like)?? We have look at the whole process and are starting to get stressed by it, we would really appreciate any help or kind words right now!! is anyone else in (or has been in..) a similar situation?

you can also email me on [email protected]

Thanks once again!!
Old Jul 18th 2005, 6:47 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which Path?? HELP!!

Spousal sponsorship is your best option. If you can't afford professional help then start here:

www.cic.gc.ca

and then read all posts in this forum related to spousal sponsorsip. After that if you still have questions start asking.

Originally Posted by cpj79
Hi,

I am having a problem getting my head around this whole Canadian process!! If there is anyone out there that can throw some ideas/new light/ or help us in anyway, please read on....!

I am from the uk and recently married to a Canadian, We have been going out 1 1/2 years and married for 6 months now, her visa for the uk runs out in Jan 2006, we are hoping to return to Canadian so she can continue her to study. I am hoping to move to Canada with her. The problem is when it comes to a visa which is the best option?

She is not in a Financial postion to support me, however her mother has agreed to support me/us over there until we are settled, however i am not in a great financial postion due to the fact that i have finshed university (lovely student debts!!). We are not really in a postion to hire a firm to process the visa for us and we can not afford to get this wrong! Is it wise to go to Canada and apply for a PR Visa when i land? or process the visa over here?? and risk being apart for a few months ( i option i don't really like)?? We have look at the whole process and are starting to get stressed by it, we would really appreciate any help or kind words right now!! is anyone else in (or has been in..) a similar situation?

Thanks once again!!
Old Jul 18th 2005, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road

According to me,

If she is a Canadian citizen then it is no problem. Because I believe that she you can go with her a legal partner. Why the hell does anyone want to know if you are financially capable. Maple has no interest if you have money, I mean marriage is something that is personal and you no government in the world can demand for financial proof for marriage!!!!!

For your residency you can apply under the spousal scheme directly. Go to the Canaidan counsulate and ask for the relevant information, download the forms and post them. Dont worry, chill buddy, enjoy the honeymoon babe.................
Old Jul 18th 2005, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road

Okay I misunderstood your question,

Well I suggest that you apply it from Canada that way it will be processed faster. Furthermore, your wife should start her courses in the fall session. So you still have some time, go to Maple and discover the land and apply from there. This way the visa problem of your wife will be solved as she is returning to her country and you can go on the tourist visa as everyone does. By the time your expires u will recieve your PR. I hope this i have your question well.

Regards.....
Old Jul 18th 2005, 8:38 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks once again!!
GO FOR INLAND SPONSORSHIP AND FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS ARE EXEMPT IN SPONSORSHIP. TRAVEL TO CANADA ON A TOURIST VISA (U CAN GET A 6 MONTHS STAY WITHOUT A VISA IF U HOLD A BRITISH PASSPORT) AND THEN GET INLAND SPONSORSHIP DONE!
READ www.cic.gc.ca AND U WILL GET LOADS OF INFO
CHEERS MATE
Old Jul 18th 2005, 8:55 am
Just Joined

cpj79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Doesn't the immigration at the airport ask any questions about a british guy turning up with all his belongings and a one way ticket?? I persume that immigration cause no problems?

Originally Posted by amancharan
GO FOR INLAND SPONSORSHIP AND FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS ARE EXEMPT IN SPONSORSHIP. TRAVEL TO CANADA ON A TOURIST VISA (U CAN GET A 6 MONTHS STAY WITHOUT A VISA IF U HOLD A BRITISH PASSPORT) AND THEN GET INLAND SPONSORSHIP DONE!
READ www.cic.gc.ca AND U WILL GET LOADS OF INFO
CHEERS MATE
Old Jul 18th 2005, 9:04 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

If you show up with all your belongings and one way ticket then most likely you will be put on next plane back home. It just doesn't work that way.

Doesn't the immigration at the airport ask any questions about a british guy turning up with all his belongings and a one way ticket?? I persume that immigration cause no problems?
Old Jul 18th 2005, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Scoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the rough

my wife too is canadian and I am a UK citizen... we applied through a spousal visa application within the Uk and it took about 3 months.... again, your best bet would be to apply from within canada... hopefully, you should get your visa within the time your statutory visa on your passport runs out, ie 6 months :scared: :scared: