Passports with visa arrived

Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Default Passports with visa arrived

hello

My passports came back yesterday 14th April with visa on it. also got the copr along with it. feels great to get it atlast.

Everything seems ok. but a slight problem with the names only. my given name is in the surname column on both of them - the visa and the copr. secondly the name on visa is correct and complete, but on the copr the last letter "j" is missing. i suppose it is because it long now and does not fit.

Do i just point the error at point of entry?

regs
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passports with visa arrived

Originally Posted by Reghuraj
hello

My passports came back yesterday 14th April with visa on it. also got the copr along with it. feels great to get it atlast.

Everything seems ok. but a slight problem with the names only. my given name is in the surname column on both of them - the visa and the copr. secondly the name on visa is correct and complete, but on the copr the last letter "j" is missing. i suppose it is because it long now and does not fit.

regs
Congrats Reg, the end of the line at last! I should only be about a month behind you...when are you heading off to Canada? The August 05 AOR gang are pretty much ready to go at last!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 5:12 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Reghuraj, congratulations. Your long wait has paid off. You have given lots of good advice on the Immigration Forum while you've been waiting for your visa.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your questions about the confusion concerning your names.

Just for clarification, for the sake of someone who is qualified to answer your questions, I suspect you intended to say:

Everything seems ok. but a slight problem with the names only. my given name is in the surname column on both of them - the visa and the copr. secondly the given name on visa is correct and complete, but on the copr the last letter "j" is missing. i suppose it is because it long now and does not fit.

Without qualifying that it was the given name that was correct on your visa, I didn't understand how that statement could be consistent with the earlier statement that they'd muddled your given name and surname.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to confirm if I have understood your explanation correctly. I feel that will help someone who would be in a position to answer.

Hope that helps.
x
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:05 am
krn
Forum Regular

krn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the rough

hello

regs
Congratulations!!! Good to know that the wait has finally come to an end bringing with it a new beginning !!!!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

Congratulation Regs...well done..so man good wishes to you
Old Apr 15th 2008, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Wow, Reghuraj, congratulations. Your long wait has paid off. You have given lots of good advice on the Immigration Forum while you've been waiting for your visa.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your questions about the confusion concerning your names.

Just for clarification, for the sake of someone who is qualified to answer your questions, I suspect you intended to say:

Everything seems ok. but a slight problem with the names only. my given name is in the surname column on both of them - the visa and the copr. secondly the given name on visa is correct and complete, but on the copr the last letter "j" is missing. i suppose it is because it long now and does not fit.

Without qualifying that it was the given name that was correct on your visa, I didn't understand how that statement could be consistent with the earlier statement that they'd muddled your given name and surname.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to confirm if I have understood your explanation correctly. I feel that will help someone who would be in a position to answer.

Hope that helps.
x
Thank you judy and everybody here.

and thanks for showing it out to me. when i read it again myself it does sound confusing.

regarding clarification: -

"Everything seems ok. but a slight problem with the names only.

1)my given name is in the surname column on both of them - the visa and the copr.

2) secondly the "spelling of reghuraj" on visa is correct and complete (even though it is in the surname column on both visa and copr along with other names), but on the copr the last letter "j of reghuraj" is missing.

hope i have made it clear this time and i hope this situation can be clarified at the point of entry as i dont want to send my passports again.

regs
Old Apr 17th 2008, 7:30 am
IRM
Chicken Cheese-Arse

IRM is a jewel in the roughIRM is a jewel in the roughIRM is a jewel in the roughIRM is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations Regs, this part of the adventure is finally over

All the best for the future

IRM
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road

hello

regs
No problem. This is standard practice. Only first 7 letters are put on the COPR same thing happened with me too. All that matters is your Document #. You are good to go.... Welcome to Canada
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks. Good to hear.

I am resigning from my work soon. Actually trying to get myself sacked, so that i get my full indemnity. if i resign, i would get only half of it.

regs
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

hi, congratulations, remind us again where do you intend to head to in Canada?
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

I am surely landing in Toronto. But might move on to Calgary or Saint John(NB) depending on the job offers that i get.

regs