Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Passports sent from London to Canada

Passports sent from London to Canada

Old Jul 14th 2009, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future
Default Passports sent from London to Canada

Hi everyone.

How long does it take through the post until they arrive. London informed me they sent the passports by signed for mail on July 9th. Just wondering when we will likely receive them.

Thanks
Old Jul 14th 2009, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passports sent from London to Canada

Originally Posted by Tracywall
Hi everyone.

How long does it take through the post until they arrive. London informed me they sent the passports by signed for mail on July 9th. Just wondering when we will likely receive them.

Thanks
mine arrived in canada the next day after posting from london, but then took 5 days to get to kamloops
Old Jul 14th 2009, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 4d32ftw
mine arrived in canada the next day after posting from london, but then took 5 days to get to kamloops

Did London give you a tracking # then? How do you know it arrived in Canada the next day? Do you think we will have them by this Friday? we are hoping to go over the border and do the landing.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

I am also curious of how this works, as we will likely have to do it too.

Did you provide CHC with a prepaid shipping envelope to get the passports back? I am also curious about the tracking number?
Old Jul 15th 2009, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracywall
Did London give you a tracking # then? How do you know it arrived in Canada the next day? Do you think we will have them by this Friday? we are hoping to go over the border and do the landing.
nope, they just arrived as mail that needed signing for.

it had a post mark/ stamp saying sent from london on the 17th and then one from canada post that it was received in vancouver on the 18th. no idea why though
then it arrived with us 5 days later

no prepaid envelope, just sent them an addressed one
Old Jul 15th 2009, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

Canada Post has a long history of taking many days to deliver within the same city.

Often mail from abroad seems to be delivered before mail posted the same day in Canada. This makes me wonder if it is something slow in the initial processing or pickup of post.