Passports renewals child

Old Jun 20th 2010, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

lolly 4 has a brilliant futurelolly 4 has a brilliant futurelolly 4 has a brilliant futurelolly 4 has a brilliant futurelolly 4 has a brilliant futurelolly 4 has a brilliant futurelolly 4 has a brilliant future
Default Passports renewals child

Hi all, With 5 weeks to go before we land in Canada I have found out that I have to renew a passport whilst in Canada to UK Passport Service for the Americas and Caribbean, Washington( from ukincanada.fco.gov.uk).Is this correct?Has anyone had any experience of this? My sons passport runs out August 2011 .Would it be easier to renew it here, or is the process over there simple? I'm also concerned that if we send off said passport, that we might have an incident where we have to fly back home urgently.Any advice or related experience would be appreciated.

Lolly:
Old Jun 21st 2010, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all
Default Re: Passports renewals child

I have renewed a childs passport via the British Consulate in Washington. Very easy and relatively speedy. Download the forms and fill them in, send your credit card authorization (and the passport) and off you go!

I think my son's passport took around 3 weeks from the date of sending to receiving it back!! Can't grumble at that!
Old Jun 21st 2010, 1:36 am
Just Joined

lolly 4 has a brilliant futurelolly 4 has a brilliant futurelolly 4 has a brilliant futurelolly 4 has a brilliant futurelolly 4 has a brilliant futurelolly 4 has a brilliant futurelolly 4 has a brilliant future

Thanks for that,its much appreciated,just a relief to know it worked for someone else.

What would we do without this forum
Old Jun 21st 2010, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
You do still have time to renew it here.......usually takes two to three weeks. You will also get up to 9 months of unexpired time added to the new ppt. That way the job will have been done and dusted with no worries when you land....You will still have to produce the old one with the visa in it, so a covering letter and note on the passport form re active visa in ppt....please return old ppt, just to be sure
Good luck whichever way you decide to do it.
lol
Stef.
Originally Posted by lolly 4
Hi all, With 5 weeks to go before we land in Canada I have found out that I have to renew a passport whilst in Canada to UK Passport Service for the Americas and Caribbean, Washington( from ukincanada.fco.gov.uk).Is this correct?Has anyone had any experience of this? My sons passport runs out August 2011 .Would it be easier to renew it here, or is the process over there simple? I'm also concerned that if we send off said passport, that we might have an incident where we have to fly back home urgently.Any advice or related experience would be appreciated.

Lolly:
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:46 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Much easier/simpler/cheaper/quicker to renew in the UK, instead of using the British Embassy in Washington DC (lots of horror stories about delays, unreasonable refusal, etc).

Use premium passport service if travelling soon.