Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Passports here - question on shipping

Passports here - question on shipping

Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

Yodasdarkside will become famous soon enoughYodasdarkside will become famous soon enough
Talking Passports here - question on shipping

Hello

Have to tell the world that our passports arrived today! Whoopee!!! They took the full 6 weeks to be returned. We have until 20 Nov to move, although (depending on house) we would like to move for the start of the school year - being teachers and all that. We are moving to Calgary area, Okotoks would be really nice.

Now like all people at this stage you take a good look around your house and ask the question do I really need to take all of this? There are lots of posts on shipping companies, costs, what to take.

My question is (stupid as it may read): if we decided to sell our furniture etc, what is the best way to send all the rest of the stuff? We have a lot of school junk to take with us, books, photos which can be quite heavy. Ok really heavy. So any advice would be great.

I know there are still a lot of people still waiting to hear and this type of post (esp if you have had your medicals) can make you sick, but just hang in a wee bit longer and you will make it too.

Thanks for all the help we have received so far.

Yodasdarkside.

Timeline:
CHC rec app. form: Dec 2004
Original medical request: Dec 2006 (had to postone due to being pregnant)
X-Ray date: Nov 2007
Medical dates: Dec 2007 & Jan 2008
Passport request: Jan 2008
Passports sent: Feb 2008
Job applications & House for sale: Mar 2008
Passports rec: TODAY!!!!!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Default Re: Passports here - question on shipping

Originally Posted by Yodasdarkside
Hello

Have to tell the world that our passports arrived today! Whoopee!!! They took the full 6 weeks to be returned. We have until 20 Nov to move, although (depending on house) we would like to move for the start of the school year - being teachers and all that. We are moving to Calgary area, Okotoks would be really nice.

Now like all people at this stage you take a good look around your house and ask the question do I really need to take all of this? There are lots of posts on shipping companies, costs, what to take.

My question is (stupid as it may read): if we decided to sell our furniture etc, what is the best way to send all the rest of the stuff? We have a lot of school junk to take with us, books, photos which can be quite heavy. Ok really heavy. So any advice would be great.

I know there are still a lot of people still waiting to hear and this type of post (esp if you have had your medicals) can make you sick, but just hang in a wee bit longer and you will make it too.

Yodasdarkside.

Timeline:
congrats on receiving your passports. great news.

regs
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yodasdarkside
Hello

Yodasdarkside.

Timeline:
Congratulations, wow bet your happy today

shipping other stuff, you can get part containers where you can by some space takes a bit longer to get there,
contact the usual companies and they will sort it for you.
Hope that helps, im sure others will be along with other help, good luck.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

Congratulations, great feeling isn't it. We also have ours now and need to go by September.
We have decided to not take furniture etc, and I have been googling different companies to see what they offer. There is a thread ongoing at moment regarding shipping costs as some members have been getting quotes. I found that handy. You dont have to go for a full container, I just checked notes I made and a 3ft x 2.5ft (15 cubic feet) trunk is about £6.00 per cubic foot....might of found that on Anglo Pacific, but its worth checking around.
Another thing we've been doing is everytime we go to tesco we pick up bubble rap that their fresh fruit and veg is packed in.....they seem to throw it away, so we are always coming home with a few sheets.....
Anyway good luck...bet the vino is flowing tonight
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of

Congratulations, we are taking our passports on Thursday collecting them 10 days later......Yippee!!!

It's a great feeling to be near the end - our house is sold just waiting to exchange this week or next!

Cannot wait to land.

Good Luck