Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

passports back from CIC London?????

passports back from CIC London?????

Old Feb 24th 2008, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future
Default passports back from CIC London?????

Hi

We are in Canada and sent our passports to CIC London 3 weeks ago......do you think the wait will be much longer as we are getting a bit worried about it.

thanks

Pete
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: passports back from CIC London?????

Originally Posted by pete66
Hi

We are in Canada and sent our passports to CIC London 3 weeks ago......do you think the wait will be much longer as we are getting a bit worried about it.

thanks

Pete
Hi Pete,
I think mine took almost a month to get it back (and thats within the UK) I would think you shouldn't have to wait much longer but add a week at least if they are posting back to Canada.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

soconnell74 is on a distinguished road

Hi

thanks

Pete
I'm in the same boat, I know they arrived in London on the 11th. CIC promised a faster turnaround (after my PPR was screwed up over Christmas), but you need to account for at least a week postage time on the way back to Canada. Hope they both find their way back over soon

Last edited by soconnell74; Feb 24th 2008 at 7:22 am.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future

Thanks Guys

We enclosed an express FedEx return envelope......guess that doesn't count for much.

Thanks for your help and let's hope we get them soon

Pete
Old Feb 24th 2008, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Guys

We enclosed an express FedEx return envelope......guess that doesn't count for much.

Thanks for your help and let's hope we get them soon

Pete
From some of the threads on the site, it seems pot luck whether they use the Fedex envelopes people supply. From the responses, it seems most often they are sent back by normal registered mail.

Steve
Old Feb 24th 2008, 7:40 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

So did we. They didn't use it as our waybill "did not meet their specifications". I have no idea what their specifications are. However, they did return them by a registered postal service, so don't worry about it. Ours took about 4 weeks to come back.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Ice Man is a jewel in the roughIce Man is a jewel in the roughIce Man is a jewel in the roughIce Man is a jewel in the rough

They got my passport in London on February 8th. I'll let you all know when I get it back in this thread.
Good luck to all!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

I just checked my status on the CIC web site and it has changed from "In progress" to "Decision made" so I guess the passport should be on its way soon :-). Good luck to all !
Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:25 am
Just Joined

Craobh_Rua is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soconnell74
I just checked my status on the CIC web site and it has changed from "In progress" to "Decision made" so I guess the passport should be on its way soon :-). Good luck to all !
I sent off my passports on Jan 2, and was getting a bit worried too as everything else had been sent back in 10 days. It arrived with visa attached in the 2nd week of Feb, so don't worry!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

Ice Man is a jewel in the roughIce Man is a jewel in the roughIce Man is a jewel in the roughIce Man is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Craobh_Rua
I sent off my passports on Jan 2, and was getting a bit worried too as everything else had been sent back in 10 days. It arrived with visa attached in the 2nd week of Feb, so don't worry!
Congrats! When/where are you planning on landing?
Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ice Man
Congrats! When/where are you planning on landing?
Cheers Ice man. I've been in Toronto working on a temp visa nearly two years. Applied for PR in mid-Oct 2007 and got it finalised in less than 4 months. Was surprised by how quickly it took, and in the nick of time before my two-year temp visa runs out.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Cheers Ice man. I've been in Toronto working on a temp visa nearly two years. Applied for PR in mid-Oct 2007 and got it finalised in less than 4 months. Was surprised by how quickly it took, and in the nick of time before my two-year temp visa runs out.
That's good going alright, pretty similar to me. I am in Halifax on a two-year WP and applied for PR through the Provincial Nominee Program here. Just waiting on my passport back at the moment, the whole thing has taken around six months.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ice Man
That's good going alright, pretty similar to me. I am in Halifax on a two-year WP and applied for PR through the Provincial Nominee Program here. Just waiting on my passport back at the moment, the whole thing has taken around six months.
That's great, congrats!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:28 am
Just Joined

gh16 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great, congrats!
took me nearly five weeks to get mine back from within the UK, so i wouldn't worry
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Got mine back today !!, will be making a run for the border this weekend :-) good luck to all.

Steve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.