passports???????

Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

meanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant future
Exclamation passports???????

Big style I posted a thread last week about, Does my baby girl need her own Passpsort the answer from everyone said yes she needs her own.
So I contacted the Canadian embassy in Berlin (we live in germany) by e-mail the answer was a simple one, our daughter doesnt need her own she can come on mine. we are going be BC PNP hopefully is this correct ? I know we can just get the pasport but then we have to change it every year or every six months.

Last edited by meanjock; Apr 30th 2007 at 10:25 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: passports???????

Originally Posted by meanjock View Post
Big style I posted a thread last week about, Does my baby girl need her only Passpsort the answer from everyone was she needs her own.
So I contacted the Canadian embassy in Berlin (we live in germany) by e-mail the answer was a simple one, our daughter doesnt need her own she can come on mine. we are going be BC PNP hopefully is this correct ?
Hiya meanjock

Think that this is something that Andrew Miller (immigration consultant) or Jim Humphries (ex CBSA officer) are better answering for you.

Gaynorx
Old May 1st 2007, 2:21 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I know we can just get the pasport but then we have to change it every year or every six months.
What country are you from? I know of no country that makes children's passports expire so quickly.
Old May 1st 2007, 2:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

You're British, presumably your child is too? She can't be added on to your British passport, she needs her own. I wouldn't ask Canadians in Germany about UK passport requirements, they probably don't know They may have thought you meant your daughter was already included in your passport, and could her visa therefore go in yours? But since you said your daughter's two, and I think the law changed for kids in parents' passports in the late 1990s, I guess she isn't.

http://www.britischebotschaft.de/en/consular/passports/

Big style I posted a thread last week about, Does my baby girl need her own Passpsort the answer from everyone said yes she needs her own.
So I contacted the Canadian embassy in Berlin (we live in germany) by e-mail the answer was a simple one, our daughter doesnt need her own she can come on mine. we are going be BC PNP hopefully is this correct ? I know we can just get the pasport but then we have to change it every year or every six months.
Old May 1st 2007, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

A UK childs passport lasts 5 years i thought??
Old May 1st 2007, 5:51 am
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

I think children must have their own passport now and are no longer allowed to be on a parent's passport.
Old May 1st 2007, 10:13 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

We all went abroad last year and all the children had to have own passports, they were 5,7 and 9 at the time, cost a bloomin fortune.
They only last 5 years unlike the adults one that lasts 10 years.

There is a passport website www.passport.gov.uk, I had a quick look and this is what it said

"In the past babies and children could be included on a parent or guardian’s passport. The law has now changed and babies and children up to 16 who are not already on a parent’s or guardian's passport must have their own child passport if they are going to travel abroad."

Hope this helps.
Charlie