Passport style photos for Visa?

Old Feb 6th 2022, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Drunkarchaeologist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport style photos for Visa?

Hi all, currently getting everything ready for my common law visa, I just went to Timpsons to get some passport style photos done. Just a few questions I have about these, how many do I need? They printed me 4, they had an option when the processed them for Canadian Visa, so I assume they're the right size. Also question 2, I had to ask him to sign the backs of them as he didn't know he had to, so he wrote in blue biro the date, so 6/2/2022, his signature and then just put Timpsons, York. Is this ok? Or am I going to need to get them done again?

Thanks
Drunkarchaeologist
Old Feb 6th 2022, 12:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport style photos for Visa?

Originally Posted by Drunkarchaeologist
Hi all, currently getting everything ready for my common law visa, I just went to Timpsons to get some passport style photos done. Just a few questions I have about these, how many do I need? They printed me 4, they had an option when the processed them for Canadian Visa, so I assume they're the right size. Also question 2, I had to ask him to sign the backs of them as he didn't know he had to, so he wrote in blue biro the date, so 6/2/2022, his signature and then just put Timpsons, York. Is this ok? Or am I going to need to get them done again?

Thanks
Drunkarchaeologist
You need 2, as per the checklist (IMM5533). Unfortunately it sounds as though you need to get them redone as what he's put on the back doesn't meet the requirements (i.e. it should include your name and DOB). There are full details in the application guide, do make sure you download/bookmark that and follow it carefully, if one thing is wrong or not included your application is likely to be returned.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...de.html#photos

Also this page - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ace/photo.html

HTH.

Old Feb 6th 2022, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Drunkarchaeologist is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok I thought so, could I just write my name and date of birth on the back?
Old Feb 9th 2022, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Drunkarchaeologist
Ok I thought so, could I just write my name and date of birth on the back?
Probably best to have them redone and not chance it.
Old Feb 9th 2022, 1:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
Probably best to have them redone and not chance it.
Yep, what he said. ^^^^

Personally I wouldn't risk it for the sake of a few quid.