Wikiposts

Passport stamping slammed

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

SinghPro is a jewel in the roughSinghPro is a jewel in the roughSinghPro is a jewel in the roughSinghPro is a jewel in the roughSinghPro is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation Passport stamping slammed

December 28, 2006
By TOM GODFREY -- Toronto Sun

Ottawa is being accused of "harassing" immigrants who are now required to have their passports stamped on returning from abroad.

Toronto immigrant groups and lawyers said the port stamp, which contains a date, will be used to find out how long immigrants have been outside Canada. If the time abroad exceeds guidelines then the person can have permanent residency revoked or be denied citizenship.

Last edited by Rete; Jan 22nd 2007 at 10:34 am. Reason: Copyright Infringement ... Repost with URL
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport stamping slammed

Sounds like a good idea to me... it's only 'harassment' to those who aren't really intending to be immigrants.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Passport stamping slammed

Originally Posted by SinghPro
December 28, 2006
By TOM GODFREY -- Toronto Sun

Ottawa is being accused of "harassing" immigrants who are now required to have their passports stamped on returning from abroad.

Toronto immigrant groups and lawyers said the port stamp, which contains a date, will be used to find out how long immigrants have been outside Canada. If the time abroad exceeds guidelines then the person can have permanent residency revoked or be denied citizenship.
GREAT IDEA... keeps those who dont really 'live' in canada out and for me it helps me caculate how many days ive been out of canada when i apply for Citizenship!