Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Passport return from London to Canada

Passport return from London to Canada

Old Sep 21st 2007, 2:27 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Question Passport return from London to Canada

After PR, has anyone had experience as to how long these things take to come back ?

There was current address they asked for on the form ( I put our Canadian one ) - does this mean they will send the passports here or to the UK address held on their file which I have tried and tried to alter over the last few months without success ?

Paul
Old Sep 21st 2007, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

nubbslad will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Passport return from London to Canada

Hi Paul

We sent our passports from NB to London and we put the return address as our Canadian address on the form and they came back to us here and not to the one on file. They arrived approx 5 weeks later.

Hope you get them soon

Nicki xx
Old Sep 21st 2007, 4:09 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nubbslad
Hi Paul

We sent our passports from NB to London and we put the return address as our Canadian address on the form and they came back to us here and not to the one on file. They arrived approx 5 weeks later.

Hope you get them soon

Nicki xx
Thanks Nicki. About 4 weeks to wait then. Where did you land ? We are heading up to Woodstock as we have relatives a little further north of there.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

rabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tangram
After PR, has anyone had experience as to how long these things take to come back ?

There was current address they asked for on the form ( I put our Canadian one ) - does this mean they will send the passports here or to the UK address held on their file which I have tried and tried to alter over the last few months without success ?

Paul
2.5 weeks from our passports arriving in London to us receiving them back in Edmonton.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 5:38 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Ours took about 4 weeks from posting here in NS to London and arriving back here. Takes about 5 days or so to get to UK (and return), so they must turn it around in just over 2 weeks.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

nubbslad will become famous soon enough

Hi Paul

We drove to St Stephen on the U.S border and landed there it wasn't as bad as I was expecting either very laid back and quite quick too we were there under 1 hour I think.

Nicki xx
Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:46 am
Seasoned Maritimer

We sent them UPS and they arrived at London office 9.24am on the 7th Sept.

So hopefully soon they will be back. Anyway, at least they will be back before the serious bad weather and therefore the need to travel too far.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 12:29 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Paul
Paul

Ours took about 6 weeks from Canada to London, we sent ours via UPS as well as we didn't trust the postal system here with such valubale documents

We put our address here in Canada and they were sent back to us here, NOT THE UK !!!

So mate a few weeks to wait

Eddie
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:17 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Paul

Ours took about 6 weeks from Canada to London, we sent ours via UPS as well as we didn't trust the postal system here with such valubale documents

We put our address here in Canada and they were sent back to us here, NOT THE UK !!!

So mate a few weeks to wait

Eddie
Serves me right for asking !!

We had mailed undelivered on Friday which I just collected from the post office. It is the COPR's and our passports - that's about 2 weeks from receipt in London.

We will 'leave and land' the Friday before Thanksgiving.

Paul
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:39 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

We had mailed undelivered on Friday which I just collected from the post office. It is the COPR's and our passports - that's about 2 weeks from receipt in London.

Paul

When you sent off your passports didn't your CHC paperwork request you included a self-addressed envelope strong enough to hold your returning passports? Ours did and they were returned in the envelope I provided.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:56 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
When you sent off your passports didn't your CHC paperwork request you included a self-addressed envelope strong enough to hold your returning passports? Ours did and they were returned in the envelope I provided.
Not sure what you are trying to say chuck, but yes it did, and yes they have ( I sent a plastic waterproof/tearproof envelope ) and they, plus the COPRs are safely here.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:00 am
Scottish Canuck

Hey Mister, you have two threads here today about your passport I had already congratulated you on the arrival of your shiny visas on the other thread.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:34 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
Hey Mister, you have two threads here today about your passport I had already congratulated you on the arrival of your shiny visas on the other thread.
I'm doubly excited !!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

Paul
SNAP!!

I have just collected ours from the post office, well, Shoppers Drug Mart to be precise!
Ours took just over 2 weeks.

Congrats Paul, hope your landing goes well!

I'll raise my glass to you and yours as well as me and mine tonight.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 1:15 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by Woodstock62
SNAP!!

I have just collected ours from the post office, well, Shoppers Drug Mart to be precise!
Ours took just over 2 weeks.

Congrats Paul, hope your landing goes well!

I'll raise my glass to you and yours as well as me and mine tonight.
Thanks Woodster ( ours were at Jean Couto pharmacy !! )

Talk about small world. Congrats to you !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.