Passport Return from London

Old Nov 14th 2009, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

brummi is on a distinguished road
Default Passport Return from London

Hi folks.

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes to get the passport and PR paperwork back from London?
Old Nov 14th 2009, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Passport Return from London

My passport was returned back to me in just under 3 weeks.
Old Nov 14th 2009, 5:42 am
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Passport Return from London

Hi just received mine back yesterday - it took about 3 weeks!
Old Nov 14th 2009, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Thanks peeps. It's been just over 3 weeks so hopefully I'll get it back next week
Old Nov 15th 2009, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

debs_2009 is on a distinguished road

Were the passports returned normal post or signed for?
Old Nov 16th 2009, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Yeah Debs good question! As I'm in Canada and sent mine to London with UPS will they send it back via courier or will it be good old reliable Royal Mail? I heard there are postal strikes going on in England. I'm probably fretting for no good reason but it has been almost 4 weeks since they received my passport etc
Old Nov 16th 2009, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Yelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really nice

Originally Posted by brummi
Yeah Debs good question! As I'm in Canada and sent mine to London with UPS will they send it back via courier or will it be good old reliable Royal Mail? I heard there are postal strikes going on in England. I'm probably fretting for no good reason but it has been almost 4 weeks since they received my passport etc
Have you actually had confirmation of your status? If not it might be worth dropping an email to them (their email address is on their website) chasing up the status (we had not received a response after 4 weeks so we did this and found out we had a minor health issue / query which required more info - we had this sorted out quite quickly and return the additional info and have noew received our PR). If you have received status you could still send an email inquiring as to where they are with issuing PR and returning the passports.

The postal strike is over but (whilst I stand to be corrected) I seem to recall that they post the passports back by special delivery.

Yelkcub
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Yelkcub
Have you actually had confirmation of your status?
I got an email saying my file is ready for visa issuance and to send in my passport along with another form they sent me and some more photo's. Unless I've read too much into that I would think that means the fat lady is clearing her throat so to speak. Jeez now I AM worried!
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

your passport is probably somewhere in the system waiting to be delivered to you......send them a friendly email to chase up if they have sent it back it to you or as you are in Canada call the call centre...
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

I just emailed...
Old Nov 16th 2009, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Yelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really nice

Originally Posted by brummi
I got an email saying my file is ready for visa issuance and to send in my passport along with another form they sent me and some more photo's. Unless I've read too much into that I would think that means the fat lady is clearing her throat so to speak. Jeez now I AM worried!
I assume that the above request was the one in which they asked for the medical to be carried out and the police clearance certificates to be obtained? If so we received this too and issued our passports along with other docs. We heard nothing for 4 weeks so we sent an email and were advised that we needed to provide more medical info. We obtained this and issued it and then received confirmation that our PR were being issued. In the interim we had asked for our passports back as we were traveling to mainland Europe so we drop off our passports and collected them.

I don't think you need to worry but just though I would let you know the above which maybe of assistance.

Yelkcub
Old Nov 16th 2009, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Yelkcub
I assume that the above request was the one in which they asked for the medical to be carried out and the police clearance certificates to be obtained?
Not in my case. I did common-law sponsor route so had the police checks and meds done upfront
Old Nov 16th 2009, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of light

We also went spousal and after hearing nothing for 3+ weeks, I sent email asking if we could do pick up due to strike. And we did a personal pick up
Don't kid yourself, strike might be over but mail is still slow as he££, takes 2 weeks to get letter across town
Old Nov 17th 2009, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Well I haven't received even the automated email response yet. I just checked the letter again and it does say to wait for 6 weeks before contacting them if my passport hasn't been returned.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Have just received an email back saying that my passport was mailed 'signed for' on 5th November. Then I checked the Royal Mail site for approx. delivery... 2-12 weeks!!

Would have been nice if CSU had given me the tracking number. I don't want to bug them about it any more.

2-12 weeks!!!! And so far it's been 19 days. Tick tock....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.