British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Passport requests - our turn, our turn! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/passport-requests-our-turn-our-turn-649242/)

lifeisajourney Jan 14th 2010 6:43 pm

Passport requests - our turn, our turn!

Just taking a break from painting my sons room, check the emails and THERE IT WAS!

"Your application for permanent residence in Canada appears to be ready for visa issuance"

The best email EVER!

Interestingly enough, and I don't know if this is unique to 'in Canada already' PR applications or the Buffalo/Detroit office in particular but our deadline to submit our passports is just the 12 month deadline of our medical expiry. The letter just "encourage(s) you to submit your passports as soon as possible". No problems there we'll be sending them off asap!

Another one has the finishing line in view at last.

Thank you all for your advice and listening to my occasional venting......

Binty Jan 14th 2010 7:13 pm

Re: Passport requests - our turn, our turn!

Originally Posted by lifeisajourney (Post 8249056)
Just taking a break from painting my sons room, check the emails and THERE IT WAS!

"Your application for permanent residence in Canada appears to be ready for visa issuance"

The best email EVER!

Interestingly enough, and I don't know if this is unique to 'in Canada already' PR applications or the Buffalo/Detroit office in particular but our deadline to submit our passports is just the 12 month deadline of our medical expiry. The letter just "encourage(s) you to submit your passports as soon as possible". No problems there we'll be sending them off asap!

THAT'S FANTASTIC NEWS :thumbsup: wishing you all the luck in the world for your 'permanent' future :fingerscrossed:

Binty

terese677 Jan 14th 2010 7:37 pm

congratulations, it must be a hugh relief, no more waiting:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Robin (The Gadget family) Jan 14th 2010 8:02 pm

How exciting - nearly there then. Many congrats!

Martin99 Jan 14th 2010 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by lifeisajourney (Post 8249056)

The best email EVER!

Congratulations!!!

canglish Jan 14th 2010 9:54 pm

Congratulations! Isn't it the best feeling in the world?!! Mine also had the date of my medical as expiry date of visa. Someone's got their foot out of their ass in London! seems everyone is getting passport requests!

Poppit Jan 14th 2010 10:21 pm

Congratulations.

Poppit

Bali2010 Jan 14th 2010 10:22 pm

Fantastic, congrats
:thumbsup:

Siouxie Jan 14th 2010 10:29 pm

WooHooo!

Congratulations !!

:thumbsup: