Wikiposts

passport requests??

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold
Default passport requests??

hello all, does anyone know how long it takes for the passport requests to come after your PR is looked at in London when we live in Canada?
our PR should have been looked at around the 5th March 09 and do we have to send them all the way to London or can we take them to a federal building here in canada, say when we flogpoll? carnt seem to find the info anywhere!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:24 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: passport requests??

Hi

Originally Posted by walkerv05
hello all, does anyone know how long it takes for the passport requests to come after your PR is looked at in London when we live in Canada?
our PR should have been looked at around the 5th March 09 and do we have to send them all the way to London or can we take them to a federal building here in canada, say when we flogpoll? carnt seem to find the info anywhere!
1. Second question first, only the processing office will issue the visa so you would have to send them to London. Be thankful as London is one of the few offices that will return passport outside their processing area.
2. Guessing that you mean that the completed application was received in London on the 5th of March. Depending on if the background checks have been completed, it could be anywhere from 2-6 months. Just because the application was received in London, doesn't mean that someone was just sitting at their desk waiting for it. After a clerk checks and logs it in, the file would go into the officers pending pile.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

when did you have meds? were thay in canada? have your med results arrived in London?are your med results ok?

all these things affect timlines for PPR

once london have med results from ottowa ( if your meds were in canada) you can expect PPR very very quickly if you are lucky

huge luck and keep us informed
Old Apr 24th 2009, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

we had our medicals in Febuary and the doctor sent them express to London. havent had anything back so must be ok.
our deadline for the 90 day letter was the 5th of march and our PR application arrived in London for that day so just waiting now is suppose the 3-6 months now for them to look at it!,
what is a bummer is that my daughter wants to visit the UK in the summer, does that mean that i carnt book flights as her passport might be requested and take months for them to return it??
do they all have to be sent together as my stepson is in the UK ?
such uncertainty
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

jeaniebean is an unknown quantity at this point

hi! sorry I cant give you any answers as such..... but gees!.... I am so relieved to read your post!! we are in kinda' the same position as you! I have emailed ECAS to check that they rec'd our meds as I am concerned that they have everything intact - no response as yet! - the reason being....my husband and I had our meds done here in Calgary my son had his in Glasgow and my step-daughter had hers in Manchester!! all completed by 6th March...kinda going on the 'no news is good news' principal but so so frustrating when noticing timelines for other peeps on here! our agency advise 2-3 months from meds to PPR........our kids too, are traveling back & forth to visit during the summer which is a concern timewise but we'll just have to go woth the flow!
Old Apr 29th 2009, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

DonJuan is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont mean to hijack the thread, but my wife and I are in the same position, we had the PPR about 3 weeks ago and sent them off immediately.

So im guessing CIC place a PR visa inside the passport? Or do they give you an actual PR card.

Also, do we have to flagpole?

Thanks
Old Apr 29th 2009, 5:31 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

fingers crossed for you guys, as it seems that we have the same timelines and our passports with the PR's just arrived this morning, so yours should be along soon....best of luck, as i know the waiting is hell and there is no one to talk to.....except us lot on BE right......
Old Apr 29th 2009, 5:34 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DonJuan
Dont mean to hijack the thread, but my wife and I are in the same position, we had the PPR about 3 weeks ago and sent them off immediately.

So im guessing CIC place a PR visa inside the passport? Or do they give you an actual PR card.

Also, do we have to flagpole?

Thanks
the PR form, is a great big form that you have to take to the POE coming back into canada, (it comes with instructions on how to acctivate) so yes, you do have to 'flagpole' but please don't tell anyone thats what you are doing as the americans, especially, don't like that at all and if they think that you are coming into america, to only turn around and get your canadian visa stamped, they might not let you cross the boarder in the first place.......you're going into america for a jolly, right?.....
Old Apr 29th 2009, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

DonJuan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gibsonslanding
the PR form, is a great big form that you have to take to the POE coming back into canada, (it comes with instructions on how to acctivate) so yes, you do have to 'flagpole' but please don't tell anyone thats what you are doing as the americans, especially, don't like that at all and if they think that you are coming into america, to only turn around and get your canadian visa stamped, they might not let you cross the boarder in the first place.......you're going into america for a jolly, right?.....
Ok so the plan is to "go shopping" will that sound better
Old Apr 29th 2009, 8:53 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by DonJuan
Ok so the plan is to "go shopping" will that sound better
Most US border points couldn't care less that you are "flagpoling". You tell them you are returning to Canada to "land' and they will give you a rejection letter to show to CBSA. It has no effect on further entries to the US.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

misplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond repute

It took Buffalo 4 months to process us from when they requested the medicals so you haven't been waiting long. I don't know how efficient London is though sorry. We went to Buffalo on a family trip to do it and landed on the way back in as we didn't want to give up our passports. Friends have done it the other way by sending off the passports. One friend's passport return has taken 6 weeks (from the New York office) from when they requested passports.

Whoever is processing it will stick the visa in your passport and as posted before, you get loads of paperwork for when you land, which you can choose when to do (within a certain timescale) You don't have to land on re-entry to CAnada.

If they request the passport when your daughter is in the UK, can she go in person to get the visa in her passport? Just a thought.....
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Linzania is on a distinguished road

After reading this thread and numerous others, Im confused as to whether to send my passport off to the London office from Canada or not. Is it safe to do so...what about needing the passport here in Canada as it is proof I am a worker (or later a tourist)...
Old Jun 4th 2009, 3:28 am
Just Joined

bennoD is an unknown quantity at this point

I have applied under the family class sponsorship for PR (my missus is from Newfoundland), from UK, and London processed it in about 7 weeks.

I havent got the exact dates to hand, except that we received the passport request on 22nd of may, and we certainly didnt get the application in the post to Mississauga until at least the middle of feb, so i think London received it about the first week of March. The Canada office approved the sponsorship on the same day, and posted it immediately to London. So I've been pleasantly surprised so far.

Just waiting for my passport back now, as i want to visit a friend in paris before we head off! Plus need to get a home, job, etc. Just the minor details!
Old Jun 5th 2009, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Linzania is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bennoD
I have applied under the family class sponsorship for PR (my missus is from Newfoundland), from UK, and London processed it in about 7 weeks.

I havent got the exact dates to hand, except that we received the passport request on 22nd of may, and we certainly didnt get the application in the post to Mississauga until at least the middle of feb, so i think London received it about the first week of March. The Canada office approved the sponsorship on the same day, and posted it immediately to London. So I've been pleasantly surprised so far.

Just waiting for my passport back now, as i want to visit a friend in paris before we head off! Plus need to get a home, job, etc. Just the minor details!

So you sent your passport off around May 22 and still haven't got it back yet?
Old Jun 5th 2009, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of

Our passports took almost 7 weeks to come back from London last year. Just meant we couldn't leave the country during that time.

Not having our passports didn't cause any problems regarding our status. (I was on a visitor permit and OH on implied status following expiry of WP).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.