Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Passport Request Question when outside of UK

Passport Request Question when outside of UK

Old Dec 6th 2009, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

BenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Passport Request Question when outside of UK

Hi,

If you are outside of the UK when they request your passport, then how long do they hang onto the passport for before you get it back. As I would presumably need to ensure I am in a country with a visa long enough to allow me to stay there until I get the passport back.

I guess as well it would make sense for that country to be the same country as the visa offfice - Buffalo in this case - given that I am not in the UK.

Kind Regards

Ben
Old Dec 6th 2009, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

nayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant future
Default Re: Passport Request Question when outside of UK

Hi Ben,

It takes normally 2 weeks for CIC to turnaround the passports with visas and landing paper (COPR) and you can add the postal time between the visa office and the city you live in. We are giving ourselves 4-5 weeks between Calgary and London UK.

It is difficult as you are without passports incase of an emergency travel.

Hope that helps
Anil