Passport Request Question

Old Mar 31st 2009, 11:51 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 20
mrshopper is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Passport Request Question

I was ecstatic to receive my husbands passport request today, we only applied in November for spousal PR (we live in England, Im Canadian) so it was very quick.
On the request form it asks to include passport photos of his dependents. Im not sure if that means to include photos only if he had dependents applying to immigrate as well on his application-which we don't, or if we need to include pictures of his grown sons from a previous marriage who are not immigrating with us, and our daughter who is not included on his application because she is Canadian. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by mrshopper; Mar 31st 2009 at 11:53 pm. Reason: spell checkin'
mrshopper is offline  
Old Mar 31st 2009, 11:52 pm
  #2  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 20
mrshopper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport Request Question

Sorry, in my excitement I forgot to spell check!
mrshopper is offline  
Old Apr 1st 2009, 4:49 am
  #3  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Request Question

Hi

Originally Posted by mrshopper
I was ecstatic to receive my husbands passport request today, we only applied in November for spousal PR (we live in England, Im Canadian) so it was very quick.
On the request form it asks to include passport photos of his dependents. Im not sure if that means to include photos only if he had dependents applying to immigrate as well on his application-which we don't, or if we need to include pictures of his grown sons from a previous marriage who are not immigrating with us, and our daughter who is not included on his application because she is Canadian. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!
Only dependents included on the application, if there are none, then you don't require photos.
PMM is offline  
Old Apr 1st 2009, 2:33 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 38
dee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Passport Request Question

Originally Posted by mrshopper
I was ecstatic to receive my husbands passport request today, we only applied in November for spousal PR (we live in England, Im Canadian) so it was very quick.
On the request form it asks to include passport photos of his dependents. Im not sure if that means to include photos only if he had dependents applying to immigrate as well on his application-which we don't, or if we need to include pictures of his grown sons from a previous marriage who are not immigrating with us, and our daughter who is not included on his application because she is Canadian. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!
I just applied my husband is canadian for sponsorship begin of march and we got our sponsorship approval letter last week so it was fast...how long after that if i may ask since ur going thru it did u get the pr results? i am moving only from US so wondering if it will be faster?!?!?

when u say passport request do u have to mail it to them??? i already sent photos of my children for PR cards do u have to take more photos ??? or just send there passports as well?
dee999 is offline  
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:50 pm
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 20
mrshopper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport Request Question

Originally Posted by dee999
I just applied my husband is canadian for sponsorship begin of march and we got our sponsorship approval letter last week so it was fast...how long after that if i may ask since ur going thru it did u get the pr results? i am moving only from US so wondering if it will be faster?!?!?

when u say passport request do u have to mail it to them??? i already sent photos of my children for PR cards do u have to take more photos ??? or just send there passports as well?

Hi Dee,
We originally applied in November '08, got sponsorship approval from Canada the 17th December, London started processing January 8th, mid Feb we had a request for more info regarding his children from a previous marriage-we sent that in the next week, and it was about a month after that (yesterday), that we received his passport request form. I think that was pretty quick compared to a lot of people applying from here though.
So next we have to send in his passport for them to put the visa into(and the passports of any dependents included on his application) as well as two immigration sized photos for them all, and the new form they sent us. By the sounds of it that should take about a month to get the passport back. That last step might be totally different from the States though. I wouldn't worry about getting more photos done until they send you the passport request form as it says they need to be recent pictures.
The CIC website has info regarding processing times from each country.
Im presuming your originally from Britain, because I think you can only apply to your birth countries embassy, or where you have citizenship.
Good luck with it all and try not to get too stressed!
mrshopper is offline  
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:51 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 20
mrshopper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport Request Question

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi



Only dependents included on the application, if there are none, then you don't require photos.
Thanks PPM
mrshopper is offline  
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 12:23 am
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 38
dee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Passport Request Question

Originally Posted by mrshopper
Hi Dee,
We originally applied in November '08, got sponsorship approval from Canada the 17th December, London started processing January 8th, mid Feb we had a request for more info regarding his children from a previous marriage-we sent that in the next week, and it was about a month after that (yesterday), that we received his passport request form. I think that was pretty quick compared to a lot of people applying from here though.
So next we have to send in his passport for them to put the visa into(and the passports of any dependents included on his application) as well as two immigration sized photos for them all, and the new form they sent us. By the sounds of it that should take about a month to get the passport back. That last step might be totally different from the States though. I wouldn't worry about getting more photos done until they send you the passport request form as it says they need to be recent pictures.
The CIC website has info regarding processing times from each country.
Im presuming your originally from Britain, because I think you can only apply to your birth countries embassy, or where you have citizenship.
Good luck with it all and try not to get too stressed!
I am from the US moving to Canada. If i may ask what more info did they need as i am bringing my children with me from a previous marriage? but i sent a copy of my divorce papers showing i have sole legal custody so that maybe different i dunno??? I thought being as im right over the border from canada that i could just have passports done when we land but im guess not???? did u get a letter showing pr approved before the passports? or is that sorta the "approval sign"

sorry i have a zillion questions.thanks again for ur information
dee999 is offline  
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 3:57 am
  #8  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 20
mrshopper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport Request Question

Originally Posted by dee999
I am from the US moving to Canada. If i may ask what more info did they need as i am bringing my children with me from a previous marriage? but i sent a copy of my divorce papers showing i have sole legal custody so that maybe different i dunno??? I thought being as im right over the border from canada that i could just have passports done when we land but im guess not???? did u get a letter showing pr approved before the passports? or is that sorta the "approval sign"

sorry i have a zillion questions.thanks again for ur information
Hey Dee,
Not sure how similar the British application route is to yours, but as you have sole custody I should imagine that you wont have to send in the extras that they asked us for. My husbands children are 16 and 18 and live with their mother and do not want to immigrate; but we were asked to send in their birth certificates and photos (weird since they are not coming with us, common practice though I hear) and told they will need to go to London for medicals. Unfortunately their mother is a just a umm...difficult ?? and getting her to agree to let them have a medical done would be next to impossible. So I emailed the london consolute telling them our situation, and they sent out a waiver we had to sign stating that we acknowledge that we will not be able to sponsor the kids. All kinda a waste of time as we were not trying to sponsor them in the first place! Oh well at least it turned out okay!
That would be cool if they put the visas in at the border, but I know they forsure dont for Brits.
As for the PR approval letter there wasnt really one-just the passport request saying that the PR needs to be activated before a year past the medical date by landing in Canada, and to send in the passports to have the visa put in. Not really the exciting "CONGRATULATIONS YOUR ACCEPTED!!"letter that we were hoping for
Anyways hope thats some help, I wouldn't worry about not sending enough info in, they'll let you know and even if they do it probably wont be anything major. Take care for now.
mrshopper is offline  
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 1:37 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 38
dee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Passport Request Question

Originally Posted by mrshopper
Hey Dee,
Not sure how similar the British application route is to yours, but as you have sole custody I should imagine that you wont have to send in the extras that they asked us for. My husbands children are 16 and 18 and live with their mother and do not want to immigrate; but we were asked to send in their birth certificates and photos (weird since they are not coming with us, common practice though I hear) and told they will need to go to London for medicals. Unfortunately their mother is a just a umm...difficult ?? and getting her to agree to let them have a medical done would be next to impossible. So I emailed the london consolute telling them our situation, and they sent out a waiver we had to sign stating that we acknowledge that we will not be able to sponsor the kids. All kinda a waste of time as we were not trying to sponsor them in the first place! Oh well at least it turned out okay!
That would be cool if they put the visas in at the border, but I know they forsure dont for Brits.
As for the PR approval letter there wasnt really one-just the passport request saying that the PR needs to be activated before a year past the medical date by landing in Canada, and to send in the passports to have the visa put in. Not really the exciting "CONGRATULATIONS YOUR ACCEPTED!!"letter that we were hoping for
Anyways hope thats some help, I wouldn't worry about not sending enough info in, they'll let you know and even if they do it probably wont be anything major. Take care for now.
we sent applications to ontario march 4 sponsorship was approved on march 17 and sent to buffalo on 18th. i just hope it gets done soon with school starting we are hoping to get to move by july first.....does the status ever really change when u track it or basically one day u get passport request???
dee999 is offline  
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:33 pm
  #10  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 20
mrshopper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport Request Question

Originally Posted by dee999
we sent applications to ontario march 4 sponsorship was approved on march 17 and sent to buffalo on 18th. i just hope it gets done soon with school starting we are hoping to get to move by july first.....does the status ever really change when u track it or basically one day u get passport request???
Hopefully you'll get it through soon! the status changed to "decision made" two days before the letter came-I nearly had a heart attack! It doesn't say weather or not it you got it though, so that was a stressful wait!
mrshopper is offline  
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:48 am
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 38
dee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Passport Request Question

Originally Posted by mrshopper
Hopefully you'll get it through soon! the status changed to "decision made" two days before the letter came-I nearly had a heart attack! It doesn't say weather or not it you got it though, so that was a stressful wait!

Oh i bet... i mean it was such a relief to actually have it done and sent in but the waiting game is crazy. the sponsorship was so fast i mean we sent march 4 and got approved for that part march 17 but its waiting for this to be done. see in US we have to have medicals and everything before submitting any paperwork so there is no med requests nothing so they have all paperwork and fees so im praying they are done by latest mid june cause we were hoping to move by july 1 to get kids settled before school starts in sept.
dee999 is offline  
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 8:44 pm
  #12  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 20
mrshopper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport Request Question

Originally Posted by dee999
Oh i bet... i mean it was such a relief to actually have it done and sent in but the waiting game is crazy. the sponsorship was so fast i mean we sent march 4 and got approved for that part march 17 but its waiting for this to be done. see in US we have to have medicals and everything before submitting any paperwork so there is no med requests nothing so they have all paperwork and fees so im praying they are done by latest mid june cause we were hoping to move by july 1 to get kids settled before school starts in sept.
I know the wait is horrible! Sooo many panic attacks over it! My visa for being allowed in England expires in August and I was convinced we wouldnt get the canadian visas before then. Problem is now we have to wait for our daughters canadian citizenship card to come through before we can get her a canadian passport-which we need for her to move over. (she was born in UK, but can claim canadian citizenship because Im canadian). We sent the application last August and haven't heard a word-and theres no way to contact anybody about it unless your in Canada! Seems like never ending worries! Thats a good idea getting there in the summer to let your kids get a chance to adjust. Im pretty sure you can visit Canada for up to 90 days while they are processing your visa, maybe you could take an extended trip up in the summer if your visas aren't through yet. May I ask where your moving too? We are heading to Calgary initially, then want to stay in Alberta but in a smaller town.
mrshopper is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 9:16 am
  #13  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 78
janeymay will become famous soon enoughjaneymay will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Passport Request Question

Originally Posted by mrshopper
Hey Dee,
Not sure how similar the British application route is to yours, but as you have sole custody I should imagine that you wont have to send in the extras that they asked us for. My husbands children are 16 and 18 and live with their mother and do not want to immigrate; but we were asked to send in their birth certificates and photos (weird since they are not coming with us, common practice though I hear) and told they will need to go to London for medicals. Unfortunately their mother is a just a umm...difficult ?? and getting her to agree to let them have a medical done would be next to impossible. So I emailed the london consolute telling them our situation, and they sent out a waiver we had to sign stating that we acknowledge that we will not be able to sponsor the kids. All kinda a waste of time as we were not trying to sponsor them in the first place! Oh well at least it turned out okay!
That would be cool if they put the visas in at the border, but I know they forsure dont for Brits.
As for the PR approval letter there wasnt really one-just the passport request saying that the PR needs to be activated before a year past the medical date by landing in Canada, and to send in the passports to have the visa put in. Not really the exciting "CONGRATULATIONS YOUR ACCEPTED!!"letter that we were hoping for
Anyways hope thats some help, I wouldn't worry about not sending enough info in, they'll let you know and even if they do it probably wont be anything major. Take care for now.
Hello Mrs Hopper

I have a similar situation although i am in Calgary on TWP with my OH and family, the issue is that one of my sons from a previous marriage is on our application and decided that he wanted to go and live with his dad, hence never realised until recently that even if we take him off the application we will still have to get meds done, my ex also isnt very co-operative and could get messy, on the plus side i do still have his long birth certificate and i also have a signed oath that he would allow the boys to emigrate with me (my other son is with me in Canada) but this was done about 20 months ago before my son went to live with him (he will soon be 16) Do you have any experience that you could share with me regarding this and the info that is needed to get together as we are now fast tracking our application. If you wish you could PM me, any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks and good luck

Janeymay
janeymay is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.