Passport Request & Photos

Old Oct 29th 2007, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of
Question Passport Request & Photos

Hi there everybody,

Anybody got any suggestions as to where to get the photos required for the passport requests? They have to be a certain size etc, so where did all of you get yours done. Is it possible to do them at home?

Help please as I plan to take our passports down on Thursday

Cheers
Julie
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Passport Request & Photos

Hi Folks,

If it helps, we used phtos to exactly the same specfications as we used for our passport renewal in June 2007. Although the CHC blurb says different, when you compare the specifications with those of the new UK passport requirements, they are the same.

Best of luck.

Simon & Laura
Old Oct 29th 2007, 10:00 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Mike, here is the link from the CHC website:

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/f...ed/e_photo.pdf

We always followed the spec with all the photos required as we did not want to have anything returned to us if they were wrong. They have to follow specific head sizes etc. You are leaving it pretty late if you are getting a photographer to do them.

Ours were the same size as the photos required for our medical (you may already have spares of these).
Old Oct 30th 2007, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

Some phtotography shops will do them to the specifications and print them out straightaway - or within an hour or so, so you could still get them done in time to take them down to London on Thursday.

Good luck!!!
Old Oct 30th 2007, 2:02 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

We had ours done in Snappy Snaps for our work permits. Quite expensive I seem to remember, but they did it in less than half an hour. If you want to be sure of getting the exact specifications, you'll need to make sure you go to a branch where they can actually take photos of you properly.

FWIW, this is a lot easier in Canada. I popped into London Drugs and they knew exactly what I wanted. Took about 2 minutes and cost $13.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

Polar Bear will become famous soon enough

I always thought that they required standard passport photos... that's £3 from Tesco! but now you have us wondering if we did the right thing!

We have checked the web address from 'Yes-can-do' and see the only difference is that we didn't get the photos on matt paper.. however, the actual passport request from CHC doesn't mention this! The picture must measure 35mm x 45mm with your head in the middle and no larger than 36mm or less than 25mm from chin to crown, you must have a white background also... ours is very light grey... although the booth is white???? to many details!!

Last edited by Polar Bear; Oct 30th 2007 at 6:08 am.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 6:25 am

I wouldn't worry too much. If the photos aren't good enough they'll just take them again when you land. At least, that's what seems to have been reported here.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 11:47 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Most people seem to get by using standard passport photos and photo booths without issue. I think what throws a lot of people is that it specifically says they are not the same as passport photos. No not in Canada, they are a different size, but they just happen to coincide exactly with UK passport photo sizings.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Polar Bear will become famous soon enough

Probably means that you are allowed to smile, not like the stipulations of UK passport pictures - no teeth to be seen
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Polar Bear
Probably means that you are allowed to smile, not like the stipulations of UK passport pictures - no teeth to be seen
Nope, you're supposed to have a neutral expression. The hardest thing we found when trying to do this DIY was avoiding shadows on the face.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of

Cheers everyone

I am just getting a bit paranoid anyway im off to London on Thursday so I will let you all know how I get on.

Julie
Old Oct 31st 2007, 1:34 am
Just Joined

Bannick is an unknown quantity at this point

Luckily, I renewed my passport a few months before applying for my visa. I checked the measurements specified against my UK passport photo which was taken in the machine at a Post Office and it was spot on. Immigration accepted these photographs so I must have got it right!