British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   !!PASSPORT REQUEST!!...OMG!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/passport-request-omg-727726/)

Dal_Boy24 Aug 7th 2011 7:48 am

!!PASSPORT REQUEST!!...OMG!!

Hiyah

The day has finally arrived I thought I'd never see....wow had an email come through on Fri night from Lawyer saying we've received good news...they want our passports.

It's been such a long process (approaching 2 years from initial enquiry with immi agent to now) that dunno if we wna go now lol:D......we'll get our passports stamped at least once over there n c wot happens.:unsure:

But yep brill news.:eek:

Jus gta read it now properly......if I post em......can I send pre-paid next day enveloped for them to return it in?:confused:

Dal

zoultrex Aug 7th 2011 2:35 pm

Re: !!PASSPORT REQUEST!!...OMG!!

Wow congrats, the feeling must be awesome :lol: specially after so much waiting.

Would you mind telling what lawyer did you use? :o

Bali2010 Aug 7th 2011 3:24 pm

great news, congrats!
:thumbsup:

LinsyPinsy Aug 7th 2011 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by Dal_Boy24 (Post 9542579)
Hiyah

The day has finally arrived I thought I'd never see....wow had an email come through on Fri night from Lawyer saying we've received good news...they want our passports.

It's been such a long process (approaching 2 years from initial enquiry with immi agent to now) that dunno if we wna go now lol:D......we'll get our passports stamped at least once over there n c wot happens.:unsure:

Jus gta read it now properly......if I post em......can I send pre-paid next day enveloped for them to return it in?:confused:

Dal

Great news!!!!!

We delevered/collected our passports so I'm not sure about the postage side, but well done anyway.....yipppppeeeeeeeeeeee

Waggles wife Aug 7th 2011 9:18 pm

congrats ... the hard part is over until you til you have to sort out moving:rofl:

LinsyPinsy Aug 7th 2011 9:54 pm

;)

Originally Posted by Waggles wife (Post 9543621)
congrats ... the hard part is over until you til you have to sort out moving:rofl:

That's easy for you to say;)

Waggles wife Aug 8th 2011 8:14 am

yep it definetly easy to say, and a lot harder in pratice, after the waiting and uncertainly to the visa.

I am finding this be way more of a hassel and a stress - I think it is beacuse I hate sorting stuff out and working out what we are going to take and what we are going to leave.

It will all be worth it in the end, which is what I've been telling myself since we started this process :D

Waggle Aug 8th 2011 12:37 pm

Hiyah

Dal

Congrats! Glad your long wait has finally paid off :)

Wayne.

Dal_Boy24 Aug 8th 2011 12:50 pm

Thank You everyone for your well wishes....the lawyers I've used or Immigration agents are 'OVERSEAS IMMIGRATION' whom are based in Edinburgh, I spoke with a lovely woman named Anne Arkless originally and once she'd established which was the best route.....she then passed over our paperwork to Eric Katz who is based in Toronto (A very well established and reputable Immigration Lawyer) who then was in charge of the rest of the process.

Eric is a great guy and to be honest only really emailed when he needed to let us know something important BUT any time we emailed him he would reply back as soon as possible.

I know there are many advocates on here who say you can do it yourself and they are absolutely right BUT again we wanted to make sure we were as safe as you can be with this process and so used them.

Hope that helps.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE

zoultrex Aug 8th 2011 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Dal_Boy24 (Post 9544644)
Thank You everyone for your well wishes....the lawyers I've used or Immigration agents are 'OVERSEAS IMMIGRATION' whom are based in Edinburgh, I spoke with a lovely woman named Anne Arkless originally and once she'd established which was the best route.....she then passed over our paperwork to Eric Katz who is based in Toronto (A very well established and reputable Immigration Lawyer) who then was in charge of the rest of the process.

Eric is a great guy and to be honest only really emailed when he needed to let us know something important BUT any time we emailed him he would reply back as soon as possible.

I know there are many advocates on here who say you can do it yourself and they are absolutely right BUT again we wanted to make sure we were as safe as you can be with this process and so used them.

Hope that helps.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

All the best in Canada! :thumbsup:

anunlikelyunion Aug 8th 2011 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Waggle (Post 9544627)
Congrats! Glad your long wait has finally paid off :)

Wayne.

Wayne, seriously happy for you finally having received your visas! Well done, mate, congrats.

etjotoft Aug 8th 2011 8:44 pm

Hiyah

Dal

Congratulations it's a a great feeling to get that news, and not to mention the relief. All the best fior the rest of the experience. :thumbup:

etjotoft Aug 8th 2011 8:47 pm

Yep in the thick of that now too! The movers come next Wed. so yikes need to get my sorting head on. The charity shops here love us at the moment car load after car load!!!:eek: best of luck with yours:fingerscrossed:

TheKellys5 Aug 11th 2011 12:10 am

Congratz :thumbup:
We are dropping our passports in to visa post in London later this fine day :cool:
Took us just over 2 years, but we used a Canadian Lawyer as our rep (Abrams & Krochak) they were excellent! - was pretty easy tbh and painless except for the anxious waits etc lol :rofl:
And our house goes on the market at the same time so now have that to stress us out :blink:

LinsyPinsy Aug 13th 2011 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by TheKellys5 (Post 9551639)
Congratz :thumbup:
We are dropping our passports in to visa post in London later this fine day :cool:
Took us just over 2 years, but we used a Canadian Lawyer as our rep (Abrams & Krochak) they were excellent! - was pretty easy tbh and painless except for the anxious waits etc lol :rofl:
And our house goes on the market at the same time so now have that to stress us out :blink:

Yeh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!