Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Passport request and I am not ready! need extension.

Passport request and I am not ready! need extension.

Old Feb 9th 2011, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default Re: Passport request and I am not ready! need extension.

Originally Posted by iaink
Another in the "cost of flight to land and leave again is a drop in the bucket" camp...
We actually budgetted the cost of our landing trip before we even sent our application off. We are going to use it to investigated employment/accomodation options etc in Vancouver where we want to settle.

Wayne.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

brookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nice

hi,

this probably sounds really dumb, but do all applicants have to validate PR with landing trip if timing makes it neccessary or can just the lead applicant?
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:05 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

All need to land
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
All need to land
You'll find that the lovely shiny visas in your passports all have a valid from and to date, the 'to' date is the day before the medical expires.

For example....ours are only valid from 11.1.11 until 24.4.11, so in order to get our PR we HAVE to land before the 'to' date on the visa......Once landed, the visa has served it's purpose and the PR card takes over, (once it has been issued), and residency is calculated from the date on the PR card.

You have to reside for 2/5 years from the issue date on the card in order to meet the residence requirements.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

brookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nicebrookel is just really nice

thank you,

after reading different posts on the site I was getting the impression that because everything generally takes months with all the paperwork going to and fro that we'd have ages to start sorting things out (ebaying tons of stuff etc) but I think we'd better get a move on with everything so there isn't too much to do when (thinking positively so not saying if!) meds done and visa's en-route.

we were informed in january that they'd be in touch re: medicals during first half of this year, I was thinking that it'd pretty much be the end of june, does anybody have any experience of them (london offices) moving quickly in this area?

cheers, Lynsey
Old Feb 11th 2011, 9:58 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lynsey

Might I suggest you add a time-line to your signature file (Find it under the 'My Profile' link), in the commonly accepted format (see other time lines under peoples posts... mine for example).

With a time-line showing, when you ask about time frames, people will be able to better advise what you should expect.

regards
James